Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

how do you

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM
  • 13 Replies
Keep red hair red. I have red hair and dye it redder. I like deep reds. It fades so fast. How do I keep it redder longer?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:09 PM

When I dye my hair, I wash is every other day, or every two days instead of every day. It helps for a bit. I make sure when I do wash it, it isnt with anything harsh. Look at the chemicals in your shampoo and your dye. You can google how they remove hair dye. 

Also, other hair products damage the dye color and cause it to fade as well. 

jillbailey26
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I use this stuff.  Your hair will fade some, it's common with red, but this stuff helps.  Plus it smells like cookies.

http://www.amazon.com/Colour-Combat-Goddess-Tween-2x750ml/dp/B004RXBGSQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336583396&sr=8-1

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

kitty8199
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I've heard that henna lasts longer than traditional hair dyes, but that you can't dye over traditional over the counter dyes with henna.

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I don't.  If I get my hair dyed, even by professionals my natural red hair comes back within 4 days, a week at the longest.  Luckily I don't have carrot top red hair so I don't mind.   havent' found anything that works and I tried everything.  I've given up.

kitty8199
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Everyone tells me to leave mine alone. Its the color of Nicole Kidmans. It isn't a bad color, I just like dark or bright reds. Like Rhianna (I got it that color once) or Neon Hitch. I'm not "normal" lol.

Quoting Elyce225:

I don't.  If I get my hair dyed, even by professionals my natural red hair comes back within 4 days, a week at the longest.  Luckily I don't have carrot top red hair so I don't mind.   havent' found anything that works and I tried everything.  I've given up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:03 PM
So id have to strip it first?

Quoting Barabell:

I've heard that henna lasts longer than traditional hair dyes, but that you can't dye over traditional over the counter dyes with henna.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I don't know enough about henna. One of my sisters friends growing up was from Iran, and they use it there a lot to color hair. The friend was the one that told me that it doesn't work right over the dyes we use here. Let me see if I can find some information on it for you.

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting Barabell:

kitty8199
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Thanks

Quoting Barabell:

I don't know enough about henna. One of my sisters friends growing up was from Iran, and they use it there a lot to color hair. The friend was the one that told me that it doesn't work right over the dyes we use here. Let me see if I can find some information on it for you.

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting Barabell:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

After looking around a little on the internet, most websites seem to say that if you use an all natural henna dye then you can use it over a chemical dye if it's been a month or two since the chemical dye. Some comments did say that the henna seals the hair, and so then you usually cannot dye over the henna. Henna is a temporary dye, but it does last a long time.

My sister did use it for awhile, but she uses Feria now. She like reds or reddish highlights in her dye, and she thinks Feria lasts longer than other brands in the store.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN