Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

could you handle only seeing your DH/SO for 2 - 4 hours in a day?

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:03 AM
  • 63 Replies

meaning your SO works all day, you spend that amount of time in the same house (wether it is eating, spending time together or doing your own thing) and then to bed.

The month of May is the Nerofibromatosis awarness month. 

One of the major signs are cafe au lait spots (flat brown spots on the skin).

Please research this disorder! 

I have this disorder myself.

CLICK PHOTO FOR MORE INFO!

by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Susan0805
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:05 AM
We do handle that! Lol. Dh works days and i work evenings. When i get off he is usually asleep so other than a quick snuggle in bed we hardly see each other during the week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_l
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:06 AM
I have been handling it for many years. It definitely sucks but it is the life we lead.
Aislinn
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Well, I have no choice. If we want to keep that roof over our head and food in our belly, that is our reality. My husband did not get one day off last summer between the 4th of July and September 1st. It is what it is...

CaraKirk
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:11 AM
How about not seeing him for weeks? I go 2 weeks sometimes 3 with out seeing him. It sucks but Iam used to it now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cara5
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Lauren gets off work at 5, home by 5:30 or so and its a whirlwind of dinner, bath, homework, lunch packing and bed. She never stays up past 9:30 or maybe 10, so if we get an hour to ourselves during a week day its a miracle. 

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I have lived that way from time to time.  Nothing wrong with it.  I support my dh's career 100%. It is 365 days a year pretty much. He has always  worked long hours, had a 30-45 minute commute each way some places.  Now with 10 more years till retirement he doesn't work as long at work but always comes home after a 10-12 hour day and works more from home and works weekends at home.  Many work opposite shifts and only see each other on weekends.  You do what you have to do to make it.  I know many that did this when the kids were small so little or no day care costs.  I applaud them for doing it.  I don't like it when someone won't work because they won't see their husband etc. even though they really need money. 

mandiNthomas
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I do that any way he works 11-12 hours a day he gets home.close to 8 pm we go tto bed a 10pm that's it 2 hours... I love when he gets Saturday and Sunday off. But most times he's just off on Sunday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Oh, 3rd year of marriage he became an auditor. He was home only every other weekend and sometimes I only saw him one weekend a month. We did this for 3 years. You do what you have to do. If you want to get ahead you have to make sacrifices. We moved 9 times also.
huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Sometimes I see df less than that in a day. He leaves by 5, home around 6 or so and some nights in bed by 7:30/8:00
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saltyalley1227
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:15 AM
That's been how it is almost 3 years. He's working and in school. Before he was in school and I was working and in school. Before that he worked 2 jobs. That's what we've had to do to make ends meet. It's a lot better now though. He's almost done with school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)