Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What I'm doing for Mother's Day for myself

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am going to get some coffee, get the oil changed, go shopping for groceries/necessities, buy myself some flowers, call my mom and mother in law to wish them a happy mother's day, go out to lunch with my son (I'll invite my husband out with us for a mother's day lunch if he wants to come), then maybe go see a movie or go hiking. I'm just going to do what I want to do! :) I know my husband isn't planning anything and rather than mope around the house trying to get him to do something I'm going to go do things for myself and have a GREAT day! I encourage everyone here to do the same if your husband doesn't do anything or if you're a single parent.

Happy Mother's Day!

by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LyTe684
by Tasha on May. 13, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Enjoy. Happy Mothers Day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steveiguana
by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:39 AM

great idea

Punkie74
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Enjoy!! My husband is doing the dishes... I'm happy!! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Happy Mom's Day! :)

We went home to visit our Moms/family and have our baby shower yesterday.

I woke up at the crack of dawn, too excited to sleep in like I planned, because I wanted to wash and organize all of our baby clothing and other gifts. So I let hubby sleep in LOL

I had coffee and a big piece of cake for breakfast, too :)

We do plan on going to the beach later, though. Maybe have a little picnic with the kids. It's gorgeous and warm out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silvercrow
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I threw a surprise Luau party for my 16yr.. spent a week cleaning up only to have 25 kids trash the place(had younger kids over to play with my younger kids) my Daughters 3 bff's came 2 spent the time.. house is still trashed they are all doing whatever they want while i drink coffee i made and check messages.. once my daughters friends go home i get to clean while everyone else fucks around.. The Cable guy is due as well to fix our router thats acting up and over heating... Today is no different then any other day.

SunnyJoJo
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I never understood why moms choose to pout when their family doesn't do anything for them on mother's day.  My nugget is too young still, so every year I use today as an excuse to treat myself with a gift. (this year it was a lovely order from Urban Decay, I'm certain my daughter would have bought that stuff for me if she had money and could use the computer. lol)

Rock on for choosing to be happy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)