Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Shoot Me in the Leg, Bro!

Posted by   + Show Post

This happened in my town yesterday. WTF is wrong with people?! They are seriously bored around here:

...Man arrested, jailed for allegedly agreeing to friend's request to shoot him in the leg  
Monday, May 14, 2012 - 7:14 pm

– A 25-year-old ____ man was jailed in lieu of $10,000 cash bail Sunday after allegedly agreeing to his friend’s request and shooting him in the leg.

XXX XXXXX was charged with felony first-degree reckless endangerment in connection with the incident that took place about 5 p.m. off the XXXXX Road, according to state police.

Police said the 24-year-old male victim, also from XXXX, had been asking XXXXX to shoot him in the leg so he would know what it feels like.

XXXXX told police that he finally relented to the victim’s request and shot him once in the right leg with a .22 caliber rifle.

The victim was treated at XXXX Hospital and then transferred to XXXXXX Hospital for treatment of a non-life threatening gunshot wound to the right leg. He is expected to make a full recovery, police said.

XXXX was arraigned in Town of XXXXX, and sent to XXXXXX Correctional Facility in lieu of $10,000 cash or $20,000 bond, police said.

The investigation into the incident is continuing, police said.

by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Replies (11-11):
fraujones
by Mommytron on May. 16, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I really don't think they guy who shot him should be charged. I mean, his friend was begging for it! Stupid, but not malicious. 

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting fraujones:

XXX XXXXX was charged with felony first-degree reckless endangerment

How is this different from the sport of boxing, where there's a chance of brain injury?

It was consensual.  I don't think stupidity should be against the law, as long as it doesn't harm anyone who didn't consent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN