Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Is this sh***y? Hurry, I only have 30 min to decide.

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:58 PM
  • 34 Replies
So our daughter has been on the county youths softball team this past few months. She doesn't like it, they have lost every game, they haven't had ONE practice because her coaches are too busy I guess, the last game was cancelled because if rain and tonight is the last game. She's at gymnastics right now and the game is supposed to be right after. She doesn't want to go and , honestly, neither do I. Is it shitty if we don't? They will still get to play, they will have plenty of girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nodramamama311
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I think you/she should still go.  She's part of a team and she should show up for that team.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

nodramamama311
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Damn, I hate it when people are right...lol. Ugh!

Quoting jillbailey26:

I think you/she should still go.  She's part of a team and she should show up for that team.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids732
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:03 PM

this!!

Quoting jillbailey26:

DixieL
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 7:04 PM

If I were you since you both don't want to go I wouldn't go. It's not like the coaches cared enough to have practices. I just wouldn't make her go

jillbailey26
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:05 PM

LOL, yea, it sucks, but the silver lining is that it's the last game.

Quoting nodramamama311:

Damn, I hate it when people are right...lol. Ugh!

Quoting jillbailey26:

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

nodramamama311
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:06 PM
I'm so torn because I thought this too but I also thought about what the other ladies said, I don't know!

Quoting DixieL:

If I were you since you both don't want to go I wouldn't go. It's not like the coaches cared enough to have practices. I just wouldn't make her go

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoaReyn
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't make my kid go. Just because you sign up for something doesn't mean you have to like it. And why do something you don't like? Life is too short for that! 

My parents made me play softball and I hated it! Even when on a winning team I hated it. 

If the only reason she doesn't want to play is because her team is losing, then I would talk with her about sportsmanship. 

Anonym07
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM

no i wouldnt go if she does not like the sport

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)