Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

any mamas have problems with period after tubal **tmi**

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:27 PM
  • 20 Replies
Ok I had my 4th and final baby in dec. Had my tubal 24 hrs later. It seems like I have had nothing but problems since I had the tubal done...first it took me FOREVER to heal. I had a u/s done because I was still in a lot of pain and my family dr could feel a bulge in my belly. Turned out that my left ovary was covered in cysts but everything else looked good. My periods are still painful enough that last month I had to go to er. They did a full workup on me and everything was fine...cysts were gone. Now I am having my period for 7-11 days the first week of the month and a shorter one in the middle of the month. I can't take it anymore it is so painful and ibuprofen isn't cutting it! Is it possible that cysts are coming back?? Any advice would be appreciated!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Connie04
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Sorry, I've never had a tubal.  Here's a bump....

skybriaus
by on May. 17, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skybriaus
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sklw78
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I used to have my tubes tied. Believe me there are a lot of things they don't tell you. Tubals can cause all kinds of issues. Early menopause and painful wacked out periods just to name a couple. Not everyone has issues, but enough do that the doctors should warn patients ahead of time. I had mine reversed and it has been such a blessing. My periods were weird after my tubal, heavy and sometimes I would pass clots. Not only that but they would take like 3 days just to get started and they would last like 9 days. Since my reversal they have returned to their pre -ligation state...normal.  Oh and doctors think post tubal ligation syndrome is a joke, so hopefully you'll get lucky and find someone who will listen to you.

skybriaus
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Ugh they didn't warn me about anything...I've always had really bad periods but now it is soo much worse! Its like I'm bleeding more often than not!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DBKUGirl
by on May. 18, 2012 at 7:35 AM
I wasn't warned about anything either, then I had a Tuvalu and my periods for SO heavy and they last forever!! Like 10-14 days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heyma4
by on May. 18, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Yes, for the first year after my tubal it was pretty painful cramps wise. I have always had long periods so that didn't seem different, but never the bad cramps before. After that first year though it got better. Now, 10 years later, I rarely get any cramps at all and about a 1-2 years after the tubal my periods aren't long at all. 2-3 days and not as heavy as they used to be. It just takes time for your body to adjust.

kaitybird
by on May. 19, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Wow, I had my tubes tied in 1987 the 1st time and the periods got worse.  I had them untied in 1993 and the period got even worse, I got pregnant and had a beautiful little girl in 1997 and had them tied yet again and the damned thing got even worse.......So I had the ablasion surgery I would say about 6 years ago and I was the 10 percent it forgot to work on for at least 3-4 years.  I have a period here and there now, but nothing as bad as what it was.  :)  I still get cramps here and there but nothing as bad as it use to be.  I was cursed with that thing for a LONG time. hahaha.  

Agreed that not everyone has issues some are blessed not to really have one nor cramps....Like my daughter. hahaha

yourpassion
by on May. 19, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Mine got worse, but ibuprofen helps the cramps. I only have to take one in the beginning and I'm okay after that. I bleed heavy for the first 2 days. Then it lingers for at least 7 days, but that was normal for me before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GertieK
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Had the same thing happen, but there was no reversing it.  Many years later ended up with complete hysterectomy.  Before the hysterectomy, the periods were awful, but ovulation was the WORST.  Always one side or the other, depending on which ovary was ovulating.  I always said it felt like the egg was in there butting its head and screaming..."Let me through...LET ME THROUGH!"  Hystorectomy I regret badly.  Instant menopause.  Horrible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN