Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Update on my son hurting himself.

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 3:45 PM
  • 6 Replies

I made a post recently about my 2 year old son hurting himself. It started when I started putting him in his own rooom to go to sleep by him self. Today it happened AFTER we he ccame out of his room from his nap. I just have no idea what to do. Im scared to take him to a doctor cause i dont want them to think I beat him. But I took pictures this time.

by on May. 22, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jademarae24
by Member on May. 22, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Never mind the pictures wont add right now. hopefully I can get them too in a bit. His whole eye is bruised.

LuLuRex
by Member on May. 22, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Aww :(

hugs

willyworm
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I don't think they would think you beat up your child. Call ahead of time tell them whats been going on and that you were wondering if you need to make an appt with his doctor. 

If you were beating him up I would HOPE that they are smart enough to know you WOULD NOT call to have him seen IF you were beating him up. KWIM?

Good Luck

NanaNeema
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I agree..take him to the doctor..there may be a medical reason for this.  Besides if this is something that continues you would be suspect because when he did go to the doctor for something else there would be the signs of "old injuries" that are not documented and then you would be invesigated for maltreatment.  If a health care provider sees anything they feel is not "normal" they have to by law report this.

Your child may have an issue with balance that causes him to fall alot or bump into things alot.  Do what your intuition is telling you..if something doesn't feel right get it checked out..if for no other reason than easing your mind...if it turns out to be nothing more than being a kid.

Mommy4life0301
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:56 PM
My son went through that too he started when he was two smacking his face and scratching perching even sticking his hand in his throat. I was so upset and didn't know what to do. I was embarrassed to go out because of his reactions sometimes.
Honestly just recently (he is 3 now) its stopped. We went to behavioral therapy. Nothing changed. Developmental therapist, he was fine. And hundreds of dollars later we tried a speech therapist. Omg!! He is a completely different child. He was frustrated because he couldn't communicate what he wanted. I have had to learn to be patient too. A eye level " aiden calm down, it's ok" started to work and when he would take me and show me what he was wanting I would start to tell him how to ask for it or how to express feelings. I know your pain and it's very hard but patience is the best thing for you and him. Hope everything turns out for you. Best of luck!!
silverygal
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Take him to your pediatrician and share your concerns. An evaluation would be appropriate.  When my son was  2 1/2 years old, he bit a child at preschool.  The teacher thought it was due to the fact that I had just had a baby.  It turned out that he had so much fluid in his ears, he had a definite hearing loss.  Tubes and speech therapy made a world of difference.  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN