CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.
1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?
I think the times I think about the most are when I am alone with my children for months at a time while my husband is deployed. It's really hard on all of us, but at the same time we have to keep living life and I feel like my kids help us all make it through as a team when at the end we finally get to be a family of 4 again. :)
2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?
I love our group of September 2010 Babies!! :)
3. What do you like most about CafeMom?
I like that I have made some great friends on here. It's always nice to check in everyday and see how everyone is doing, and be able to join in on topics, get and give advice, and just feel comfort in not being alone in the journey of motherhood!
4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)
I love being outdoors. Here in Washington State we don't get many nice days but when we do I am at the park or beach with my kids, getting my half-sleeve worked on (it's almost done!), cuddling with my hubby, or getting together with friends for margaritas! We will be moving to Guam in less than 2 months so I hope to get scuba certified! :)
5. What are your favorites:
Book: Water for Elephants
Movie: Dumb and Dumber!! :)
Song: November Rain-Guns N Roses
Food: I could eat sushi every single day of my life and not get tired of it! :)
Place to travel to : Colorado to see some of Dh's family. It's so pretty and fun there!
6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?
Gwen Stefani! Her boys are soooo cute and I love the way she dresses them. I love making my kids look nice. I think we'd get along. LOL!
7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?
If you feel overwhelmed, ask for help! There is nothing to be ashamed of. It's hard being a mom sometimes!
8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?
9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?
I wanted to be a whale trainer at Sea World, and be a marine biologist. I am a SAHM as an adult and I love being a mommy! I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!
10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?
My husband. I want to see what he does at work! lol! No really, he is in the Navy and I want to see what it's like to be on a submarine.
Now answer her question for YOU:
What would you do if you had 1 whole day all to yourself with no kids, no significant other, no work, no responsibilities? :)