Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: JennPearce

Posted by   + Show Post

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom, JennPearce, spends most of her time in the September 2010 Babies group.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? 

I think the times I think about the most are when I am alone with my children for months at a time while my husband is deployed. It's really hard on all of us, but at the same time we have to keep living life and I feel like my kids help us all make it through as a team when at the end we finally get to be a family of 4 again. :)

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?

I love our group of September 2010 Babies!! :)

3. What do you like most about CafeMom?

I like that I have made some great friends on here. It's always nice to check in everyday and see how everyone is doing, and be able to join in on topics, get and give advice, and just feel comfort in not being alone in the journey of motherhood!

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)

I love being outdoors. Here in Washington State we don't get many nice days but when we do I am at the park or beach with my kids, getting my half-sleeve worked on (it's almost done!), cuddling with my hubby, or getting together with friends for margaritas! We will be moving to Guam in less than 2 months so I hope to get scuba certified! :)

5. What are your favorites:
Book
: Water for Elephants
Movie
: Dumb and Dumber!! :)
Song: November Rain-Guns N Roses
Food: I could eat sushi every single day of my life and not get tired of it! :)
Place to travel to : Colorado to see some of Dh's family. It's so pretty and fun there!

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?

Gwen Stefani! Her boys are soooo cute and I love the way she dresses them. I love making my kids look nice. I think we'd get along. LOL!

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?

If you feel overwhelmed, ask for help! There is nothing to be ashamed of. It's hard being a mom sometimes!

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?

Cheery

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?

I wanted to be a whale trainer at Sea World, and be a marine biologist. I am a SAHM as an adult and I love being a mommy! I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?

My husband. I want to see what he does at work! lol! No really, he is in the Navy and I want to see what it's like to be on a submarine.

Now answer her question for YOU:

What would you do if you had 1 whole day all to yourself with no kids, no significant other, no work, no responsibilities? :)

by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Replies (11-16):
momof2bozy
by on May. 24, 2012 at 6:57 AM

That's easy! Take myself for a mani/pedi, pick-up my current read & continue my book journey while having a margarita or a cup of Joe. Maybe take in a movie or watch my latest drama unfold on one of my fav BravoTV reality series. Then again if I'm in my creative mood, I'd be playing the keyboard in my music studio or refinishing another piece of furniture in my garage. Just depends. Sometimes it's nice to cuddle up with 5-6 pillows in my bed for a nice, long, well-deserved nap. Yeah, that's right! A nice self-indulgent nap!

Bonnie, Momof2boyz

jerzeetomato
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Hi Jenn!!

One whole day to me?  I would read one of the many books I have started, and pick up my camera and learn something new about photography.

Love060708kids
by on May. 24, 2012 at 11:50 AM

If I had one day all to myself, I would lay in bed and read the 50 shades trilogy and treat myself to some awesome food!

mickstinator
by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

If I had one day, I'd go shopping and try on every damn thing I wanted. Kids and dressing rooms and hubbies are dressing rooms are equally volatile in my household! 

yayay for jenn! cheery is definitely the best word to describe you. : )

LauraOR
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM

definitely involves pampering!

yay for Jenn!

faithmom777
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Hi jenn,

I would relax with a cup of coffee, read my bible and Pray for a long time till I hear from God , let the Holy Ghost get a good hold of me.!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN