Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: exhausted_momma

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom, exhausted_momma, frequents many different groups on CafeMom.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far? 
I'm not sure I've had one yet. I mean I do what moms do. I work, I clean, I go to games/practices/plays, I give baths, fix hair, snuggle 'em in, read stories, color, pay bills... Every day defines me as a Mom.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom
I don't have a "group" but I love CafeMom. I am on the site more than SEVERAL times a day. I read it as much as I read Facebook!

3. What do you like most about CafeMom? 
The emails with the top stories. I read every one of them.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.) 
Catching up on shows like Idol and Greys. I don't watch much TV, and when I get to, that's what I want to see. Our TV is almost always on Sprout.

5. What are your favorites:
Book: The Client by John Grisham
Movie: Forest Gump
Song: You were meant for me-Jewel
Food: Potatoes!
Place to travel to: I want to go to Mexico!

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why? 
Jewel. I have always like Jewel as an artist. I'd like to know who she really is in real life.

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? 
It's not always easy, but it's always worth it.

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up? 
BUSY!

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? 
I wanted to be a singer. I became a Paramedic. (Patients shouldn't be surprised if I break out in song in the back of the ambulance.)

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be? 
Jennifer Aniston.

Now answer her question for YOU:

What do you worry about the most? 

by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

The kids. Health, safety, etc...

Barabell
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

getting bills paid :(

Christine0813
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Barabell:

LyTe684
by Tasha on May. 25, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Hi!!!!! :)

I worry about my sons asthma. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marinefranksmom
by on May. 25, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I think I worry most about "my kids" - my son who is a police officer, my DIL and my 15 month old grandson.  They live far away & they are doing fine but I worry anyway.  My son & his wife had a fairly short courtship because they decided to marry before his deployment to Afghanistan while he was an active duty Marine.  Then, she became pregnant shortly before he left.  So I worry that they've had a lot to deal with in a short time.  But they seem to be managing.  My grandson is a fine healthy & happy lil guy.  I also worry about my husband who has a stressful & somewhat hazardous job in a power plant. 

StevensHM
by on May. 25, 2012 at 11:19 PM
I worry about being able to provide for my kids. I recently resigned from my job of 4 years. My boss is unbearable and we are constantly arguing and butting heads. He says it builds character but I can't take the negativity anymore. He asked if I'd like to work out my remaining 14 weeks of my pregnancy so I agreed. I mean how can I job hunt when I'm 26 weeks. Just have a lot of anxiety right now knowing we're about to be a family of 4 with 1 income.
momof3bugs
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I worry about how having to give extra attention to my bipolar husband and sons is effecting my middle daughter. I also worry about how my ill-health (I have COPD) is effecting her.

blueyedblondoll
by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:14 AM

My children's health- one of them has unexplained siezures along with ADD and another has ADHD, while another has depression, along with that I worry how it affects their education.  I've already found that one of them has a bit of a learning disability and is very behind and another is struggling along in a couple subjects.  I want the very best for them and for life to be smooth sailing, but it hard when you see them struggle and come home frustrated and upset over things they can't help and because other children tease for it.  I can't keep them sheltered forever, but I wish I could shield them from the hate and cruelty of the world.  I worry most about that.  Now I'm all in tears.. lol.

lukesmommy05
by on May. 26, 2012 at 3:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Barabell:

and my boyfriend likeing my son

exhausted_momma
by on May. 26, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Wow! This so awesome! Thank you CafeMom, you just made my day :-) Love to you all!!happy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)