Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Have you ever...

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:55 PM
  • 33 Replies

Written (or started to write) a book?

by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sherry132
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Yes, started. Finished. Hated it. Restarted it. Now it sits here next to me, taunting me. 

Barabell
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Nope.

yourpassion
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:38 PM
I've started one, but I haven't worked on it in a long time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KymberleeAnn
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:41 PM

LOL... from one writer to another pick it and get started again, stop doubting yourself you are holding on to the next best seller... Write, Write, and Write...

Quoting sherry132:

Yes, started. Finished. Hated it. Restarted it. Now it sits here next to me, taunting me. 

sherry132
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Eh, I don't know about that. If I had someone who didn't know me and would actually read some of it and tell me if it's even worth trying, it might be different. I've had some friends and family look at it, but they've all been so biased. Also, once it's written, I wouldn't know what to do next. LOL. Maybe someday. But thank you. 

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

LOL... from one writer to another pick it and get started again, stop doubting yourself you are holding on to the next best seller... Write, Write, and Write...

Quoting sherry132:

KymberleeAnn
by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Quoting sherry132:

Just a little thought,

Don't make your mind do anything. Simply step out of the way and record your thoughts as they roll through you. Never stop doing writing practices because writing practices soften the heart and mind, helps to keep us flexible so that rigid distinctions between apples and milk, tigers and celery, disappear. We can step through moons right into bears. You will take leaps naturally if you follow your thoughts, because the mind spontaneously takes great leaps.

Writing and self publishing your own book will be a great leap,for you! Just believe in your work and believe in you.
KymberleeAnn

A few self publishing companies

LuLu.com

Createspace.com

And

Blurb.com

All the best.
offrdngal
by on May. 25, 2012 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Does writing a story for Young Author's, when I was in 3rd grade count!!! LOL  I didn't win.  :(

KymberleeAnn
by on May. 25, 2012 at 7:24 PM

But you wrote and that's what's important...  You are still a winner!!!way to go

Quoting offrdngal:

Does writing a story for Young Author's, when I was in 3rd grade count!!! LOL  I didn't win.  :(

offrdngal
by on May. 25, 2012 at 7:30 PM

LOL...I couldn't even tell you what I wrote about.  I didn't do it willingly...the teacher made us do it.  All the other years, we could volunteer.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

But you wrote and that's what's important...  You are still a winner!!!way to go

Quoting offrdngal:

MissJeanne
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Quoting yourpassion:

I've started one, but I haven't worked on it in a long time.

sme here, keep thinking I'll have time, guess I just have to make time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN