Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Boy finds photo of dead uncle in camera at yard sale

maciymommieof3
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month...THINK PINK...
Yesterday at 11:06 PM
Posted by on May. 27, 2012 at 4:07 PM
  • 16 Replies

Boy finds decades-old photo of dead uncle inside camera at yard sale

Published May 27, 2012 

NewsCore

WICHITA, Kan. - When Addison Logan, 13, saw an old Polaroid camera at a Wichita, Kan., garage sale and thought it looked like a fun relic little did he know it carried a photograph of a dead uncle he never met.

Deciding the camera was "pretty cool" and worth the $1 asking price, he headed home with his grandmother, Lois Logan, and searched the internet to find out how it worked, The Wichita Eagle reported.

When he opened the camera, there was a photograph inside. He showed his grandmother, who was shocked to see her son, Scott, who died 23 years earlier in a car accident.

The photo showed Scott with a high school girlfriend about 10 years before he died. For Lois, it was proof he was still looking down on the family.

Addison's father, Blake, said of the picture, "I'm just shocked. The more time that passes, the more in disbelief I am ... It's almost like he's reaching out to us, saying he's still with us."

The Logan family don't know the family that sold the camera, and the house that held the garage sale didn't exist in the 1970s when the picture was taken, ruling out the chance the camera belonged to the girlfriend pictured with Scott and had been left there.

The family is happy to accept the random nature of the find, with another of Scott's brothers, Jeff, saying, "When you get something like that, that's almost like a sign telling us, 'Hey, everything's all right, I'm still here.'"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/27/boy-finds-decades-old-photo-dead-uncle-inside-camera-at-yard-sale/?test=latestnews#ixzz1w6QFSWC6

The PhOtObOoTh!  A FuN group full of
contests, challenges, showdowns etc........
If you Love Photography you will Love this!

by on May. 27, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aslen
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Wow! Can u post it from elsewhere?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steveiguana
by on May. 27, 2012 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

neat I think many of us miss signs from our loved ones that they are around. some wont talk about it fearing others will think them crazy or still grief stricken. A few years ago I kept having a dream for a few weeks before we were due to go on a long car trip. The night before we were to leave I got barely any sleep as the dream was persistant. I kept hearing a child who sounded like my sister who had passed playing a game we had played as children except the song was changed and was scaring me I wont post the words I kept hearing here however I was too tired that day to drive so I asked one of the college age kids to stay behind and help me drive instead of taking their car (we were going in 4 seperate cars) so we left 30 minutes behind everyone else. This was a holiday weekend and we expected traffic to be bad. So my daughter was driving and a deet jumped out in front of her causing her to swerve. We missed a van full of church kids 4 other cars and came to rest with a small piece of medal holding the car up that was caught in the guard rail. Funny thing was the airbags never went off, even though the sides of the car were ripped off with the force of the collision with road signs and other the front of the car was on fire the inside not an item moved the only dmage was the seatbelts cut though the top of the roses that were in the car for the headtables. cutting right though the metal and shearing them off but nothing else was touched inside the car. A doctor was traveling in the car behind a paramic was coming the other way a state trooper was less than a mile away a van full of college football players was coming and even though I was trapped inside the car the fire went out for no apparent reason and the boys were able to get me out. It was amazing we got out and not a single mark on either one of us. The car was totaled then the trooper told me that to the day several years before on his first night of patrol as a rookie he came upon a similiar scene with a diffrent result and that an entire family had died when the van they were in went over the side of the mountain at that location and that when he got to the bottom they found a childs tape player playing that same song. I was so creeped out but thankful as I believe my sister was behind the wheel that day and helped us to survive without a single scratch and make the event that was planned.

Kstahlhood
by Member on May. 27, 2012 at 7:35 PM
That's cool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on May. 27, 2012 at 7:49 PM

That's really neat!

proudmommy690
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2012 at 7:51 PM
wow! thats amazing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkie74
by on May. 27, 2012 at 8:12 PM
How bizar... Really cool though!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maciymommieof3
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month...THINK PINK...
Yesterday at 11:06 PM
by on May. 27, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I do think he is reaching out to them.

Barabell
by on May. 27, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Quoting maciymommieof3:

I do think he is reaching out to them.

Me too. 

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2012 at 9:03 PM

WOW

juicebox.
by on May. 27, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Omg, that is so awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)