Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Maybe its just me, but.................................

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 8:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

I would never buy a Px off the Internet....

Where have I been?

Beware fake Adderall sold on Internet, FDA warns

FDA

White, round pills marketed as Teva's 30-milligram Adderall are counterfeit, the Food and Drug Administration warned Tuesday.

By JoNel Aleccia

Federal health officials are warning consumers and medical providers about fake versions of the ADHD drug Adderall being sold on the Internet.

The counterfeit 30-milligram tablets contain the wrong active ingredients, according to preliminary laboratory tests by the federal Food and Drug Administration. Instead of containing the four active ingredients in prescription Adderall, the fake tablets contain only tramadol and acetaminophen, medications used to treat acute pain.

Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., the manufacturer of Adderall, which is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and narcolepsy, contacted the FDA after a consumer reported buying the counterfeit drugs online. Authentic Adderall is a controlled substance that requires special dispensing controls for pharmacists.

The counterfeit drugs are round, white and do not have any type of markings, such as letters and numbers. Authentic Adderall 30-milligram tablets are round, orange or peach and scored, with "dp" embossed on one side and "30" on the other side of the tablet. The Teva products are packaged only in a 100-count bottle with National Drug Code 0555-0768-02 listed.

In addition, the fake drugs are sold in blister packs and they have misspellings on the packaging, FDA officials said.

Adderall and other ADHD medications have been in short supply and listed on the FDA's drug shortage list for more than a year. The authentic drug contains four ingredients: dextroamphetamine saccharate, amphetamine aspartate, dextroamphetamine sulfate and amphetamine sulfate. The FDA and drugmakers have blamed problems with the supply of the active pharmaceutical ingredients for the dearth of the product. Teva continues to ship the drug as it becomes available.

It's possible the shortages have prompted consumers to seek alternative sources for the drugs. The FDA urged extra caution buying drugs online.

"The counterfeit versions of Adderall should be considered unsafe, ineffective and potentially harmful," FDA officials said in a statement.

The PhOtObOoTh!  A FuN group full of
contests, challenges, showdowns etc........
If you Love Photography you will Love this!

by on May. 29, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
maciymommieof3
by Angie on May. 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM

guess you have not bought Px's off the internet either.

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM

We get fish antibiotics off of the internet all of the time.

Barabell
by on May. 30, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I've never bought drugs off the internet before. I just go to a local pharmacy.

JamesMom714
by Member on May. 30, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I use our insurance's mail order program or go to a pharmacy for our Rxs... I wouldn't use the Internet... Too hard to verify the source.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 30, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I would never buy anything like that on the internet ever. 

wooly
by Member on May. 30, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I have used the internet to get a drug not available in the US.

MIA0223
by Michelle on May. 30, 2012 at 1:06 PM
I wouldn't trust it either!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)