Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What's it like to be skinny?

Posted by on May. 30, 2012 at 6:06 PM
  • 16 Replies
I've been in shape before, and am getting there again, but I've never been so skinny to where I didn't have fat roll or some extra bulge somewhere on my body. I've always wondered what that's like. I would love to sit down or bend over without something rubbing together or rippling up.....lol

These are the random thoughts that go through my head often....lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 30, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
celshep
by on May. 30, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I fluctuate, so I can tell you that it feels so much better to be skinny and fit into your pants and not worry about pudge or muffin top. I have only ever been 15lbs overweight, but that 15 lbs is a lot on my frame. I'm pregnant now and can't wait to be skinny again. Laying down is more comfortable, bending over is more comfortable, clothes shopping is more rewarding. When I have the extra weight, I hate when my husband tries to hug me, and foreplay is embarassing when he feels along my tummy region - completely turns me off for him to feel my "roll". I would not be truly fat (50lbs or more overweight) if you paid me a million dollars.

January1964
by on May. 30, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Your stomach will no longer hang over your belt.

deccaf
by on May. 30, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I used to be "skinny".  Before I had a baby.  I was a size 3 in my 20's, went to a size 5 in my early 30's.  I am now 35 and less than 2 years post-baby.  I am a size 12.  I like being a 5 MUCH better.  Skinny was bliss.  I could find cute clothes, and not worry about how fat I looked.  If they "added" a few pounds, it wasn't a problem.

prdmomnarmywife
by on May. 30, 2012 at 6:18 PM
I was a 3-5 before ds , got back into my clothes and then gained 20lbs about a year ago , I still fit in some of my 5s but my tummy always looks yucky , I miss my flat tight tummy , but no matter what I will always have the mommy pouch . I am preg again right now so I am sure it will be worst this time lol . It sucks after a size 5 you really have a hard time finding something cute !

Quoting deccaf:

I used to be "skinny".  Before I had a baby.  I was a size 3 in my 20's, went to a size 5 in my early 30's.  I am now 35 and less than 2 years post-baby.  I am a size 12.  I like being a 5 MUCH better.  Skinny was bliss.  I could find cute clothes, and not worry about how fat I looked.  If they "added" a few pounds, it wasn't a problem.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danni1982
by on May. 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Hungry thats what it is like for me :(

roxee81
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:09 PM

i am 5'10 and way 130lbs  and i wear a size 3.  Im just too skinny and if you ask me when skinny girls get older their wrinkles show alot more!  When i lose weight it always starts in my face and i hate it.  I'm trying to gain some weight but the stress is what keeps me from eating as i'm just never hungry. 

So bottom line you look younger if you have some meat on your bones...that's a good thing!

Mrs.Velasquez
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Bump. I've never been skinny. But in perfectly fine with that. Dh thinks so too :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2mylilgirlz
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Depends on what u consider skinny. When u say skinny i think skin and bones..i dont wanna be skinny but i do wanna be healthy...not fat. Im 5'8 148..and im in the process of losing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM
I've always been pretty skinny... I honestly just don't think about it. I think about it a lot when I'm feeling chubby like right now with leftover baby belly...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my4boys2002
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM
I couldn't stay over 100 lbs til after baby # 5 no matter how how I tried now at 36 I'm the biggest I've ever been a size 6, I'm working on toning up now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)