Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Alligators and Crocodiles: What's the Difference, Anyway?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 1:21 PM
  • 15 Replies

They're both big, bumpy and full of sharp teeth, but alligators and crocodiles aren't the same critter. Do you know what distinguishes one from the other? Watch to find out!

What other animals can you think of that are very similar, but still different? Frogs and toads come to mind for me, but I'm sure there are others!

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sillytime
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Gators live in fresh water and crocks generally live in salt! Gators have a wider mouth and crocks have a narrower mouth and you can see more teeth when it's shut. Crocks tend to be more aggressive by nature and depending on where they are can grow to be larger than gators. That's about all I know lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Reina13
by Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I KNEW this one...lol

All that Discovery Channel my husband watches. I guess I retained some of the background noise...lol

angelenia
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Isn't the Nile river freshwater save for where it empties into the Mediterranean? I thought the biggest most aggressive crocs lived there. Though there are more deaths caused by hippos than crocs .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Crabs and hermit crabs (hermit crabs are kept as pets in the home)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsmac521
by Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I knew the difference before this video LOL.  Does anyone know the difference between an ape and a monkey??

Momabear455
by Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM

alligators have a round snout and crocidiles have a wide snout.  Crocks are more aggressive than the other and that's all I know about the species.

jerzeetomato
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Since both of them are big, ugly and scary, I don't ever intend to be close enough to either to have to identify which one is trying to eat me!!

Barabell
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:01 AM

We've learned this before both at zoos and while watching animal documentaries.

Barabell
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Quoting mrsmac521:

I knew the difference before this video LOL.  Does anyone know the difference between an ape and a monkey??

Is it a tail?

MissJeanne
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:16 PM

The only Crocs in Florida are around the  nuc. power plant, Allegators are pleniful and aggressive, one crashed through my uncles pool screen and was in the pool, a lot of small animals go missing every year.  One fact they cannot run for a long period nor climb(like trees) but they are aggressve if disturbed or hungry.  We had one in the canal behind our house in MIAMI and also a school, wlld life came and took him to the everglades. Crocs havea shorter, rounder snoot, Both can whip you wih their tales, take down their prey this way

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN