Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Anyone famous on their family tree

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 4:39 PM
  • 20 Replies

I've been doing geneology for so long that I have 5 file drawers full of papers.  My mother was DAR so I knew we went back that far.  Geneology is fun, it's learning about history you might not have heard of in school.  I've traced my maternal grandfather back to Mayflower and found that the grandson of one of the finacers(Richard Warren, I am 13th generation from him) )  was a Colonel and ended the Indian unrising called "King Phillip's war"   There are a lot of others I found, On my grandmothers, I found that the second generation here from France consisted of 10 children who all lived, second son, Inherited an INN which is on the edge of the George Washington Nat'l. Park in New Jersey and it was in his barn where Geo. Washington and his troops gathered before their march into Trenton on that fateful Christmas Eve.  When doing DH's I found his ancester was a Hessian and on the other side that same day.  I've got so many names that are in history books on my tree that it is mind bogoling, makes me appreciate this great country even more.  How about your Trees??

by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Autumn22
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 8:41 PM
I am the 23rd great granddaughter of king edward. My uncle is huge into geneology as well and created a page for our family online. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
Trial starts the 25th next month. Hope he gets life or death row
Wednesday at 10:42 PM
by Colleen on Jun. 6, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

My dh's great great uncle invented ether

mariesmama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:01 PM

im related to marie antionette,a german duke and dutchess and a viking king

Spfldmomof2
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Ethan Allan ( of the Green Mountain Boys), full bloodied Mohawk Indian, and Priscilla Harmon who came over on the Mayflower. On my maternal side. I love genealogy
Nikkijr
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Yeah I am related to Adam, Eve, Seth, Noah, Joseph, ect...
I am a child of Yahweh through my brother and friend Yahshua my highpriest ,and king.
You cannot get more famous than that lol. ;-)

Quoting MissJeanne:

I've been doing geneology for so long that I have 5 file drawers full of papers.  My mother was DAR so I knew we went back that far.  Geneology is fun, it's learning about history you might not have heard of in school.  I've traced my maternal grandfather back to Mayflower and found that the grandson of one of the finacers(Richard Warren, I am 13th generation from him) )  was a Colonel and ended the Indian unrising called "King Phillip's war"   There are a lot of others I found, On my grandmothers, I found that the second generation here from France consisted of 10 children who all lived, second son, Inherited an INN which is on the edge of the George Washington Nat'l. Park in New Jersey and it was in his barn where Geo. Washington and his troops gathered before their march into Trenton on that fateful Christmas Eve.  When doing DH's I found his ancester was a Hessian and on the other side that same day.  I've got so many names that are in history books on my tree that it is mind bogoling, makes me appreciate this great country even more.  How about your Trees??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I'm VERY distantly related to Michelle Pfieffer

cryssi_renee
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Larry Flint was married to my cousin. Courtney Love played her in the movie.
I'm a descendant of the Plantagenet family. Which were English Royalty. John "lackland" was one of my bunch of great grandfathers. Prince John in Robin Hood was based on him. Another of my GG's was Anne Bolens Grandfather.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Just Sampson the Inn Keeper back in Orinin, which is somewhere near Odessa.

livysmom04
by Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
My moms cousin is Kevin Williamson the screenwriter of Dawson's Creek and Vampire Diaries:) I've met him a few times growing up at the family reunion! My granddad was general pattons right hand man in WWII
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:57 AM

i have a distant cousin that's a big name at the grand ole opry, little jimmy dickens.  he's related to charles dickens but i don't know much about my family history so i don't know if that's on my family's side or not.

i've always wanted to look into my family history but don't have the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)