Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Get our expert's advice and YOU could become a best-selling author! UPDATED WITH WINNERS!

Posted by   + Show Post

Congratulations to our winners: survivorinohio and AKDmom!

Are you a writer? Do you dream of becoming one? Whether you're already working on the next great American novel, you've got a blog, or you just like to jot down ideas in a journal, our expert is here to help you hone your skills!

Kate Hopper, award-winning teacher and author of Use Your Words: A Writing Guide for Mothers, will be here all week to share her experience as a mom and writer, offer her expert advice, and answer YOUR questions! Plus, you could win a copy of Kate's book!

Please ask your questions for Kate in the replies below. Kate will post her answers here as well.

Welcome, Kate, and thanks for joining us!

typingreadingwriting

Giveaway rules:

• The Kate Hopper giveaway starts 6/08/12 at 10:05am (ET) and ends 6/17//2012 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a copy of Use Your Words: A Writing Guide for Mothers.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 6/27/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Replies (251-256):
kitty8199
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Can you self publish? Like just have a book printed so you don't have to apy a publisher? What about copyright?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silvercrow
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:37 PM

yes you can Kitty Many do

Quoting kitty8199:

Can you self publish? Like just have a book printed so you don't have to apy a publisher? What about copyright?

silvercrow
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Before anyone asks I have been working with, talking too and helping out Writers and Publishers for the last 5yrs While trying to write and publish my own work.. I have 2 stories up for consideration as we speak.... Mind you its not the New York Best Sellers List I will ever be on I know enough to give a half educated advice or at the very least point people in the right direction.

bird846
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:57 AM

were and how do I start i really wnat to write just dont know how too start

Susan3kids
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:23 PM

How do you get published?

marisab
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:15 PM

what do u do about brain farts??how to get back on track?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN