Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Why don't you just put him in a bubble?

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:10 PM
  • 29 Replies
let me start by saying that I don't enjoy going out while I'm sick but sometimes there is something I really need and have to. I also don't like taking my kids to the store when they are sick but I live in the middle of nowhere with no family and friends so they have to come with me. Also, I'm sure there are more germs on the stuff you touch in the store than my child and I'm sure I wasnt the first sick person to walk into the store today. Now to my story

I walk in the store with two of my kids who are still a tad bit sick but not to the point where they can't be out in public. I grab my ome thing that I went in for and head to the checkout. There was a couple with their two year old already there and the dad was holding him. One of my kids must have coughed and the mother overheard and she started reaching for her child and the husband was like he's fine. And she kept reaching, turned to me and said "are your kids sick?" when I responded yes she grabbed her kid said he can't get sick and bolted for the door. The husband was said I can't believe she just did that and you could tell he was aggrevated. The cashier asked why he couldn't get sick and he said she just doesn't like dealing with him When he gets sick. He has only been sick three times in two years. I don't like dealing with my kids when they are sick either but it's part of being a parent. Me and the cashier couldn't believe what we saw. Wow!

~Melissa~Wife to Jarrod~Mommy to Nathan, Kristina, and Tyler~

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Some people are just idiots!

Elyssa414
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
That's bizzarre! I was totally thinking he must have some immune deficiency or something before I finished your story... Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annie2244
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:30 PM

You don't know enough about her situation to make a judgement about her reaction. Maybe her kid is immunosuppressed , or has an iron deficiency or a heart or lung condition,  for whom a cold is a bigger risk. These kids can't spend their life at home. But they can avoid people with a cold or flu. Be nice. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

Nathans_mom0612
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Quoting annie2244:

You don't know enough about her situation to make a judgement about her reaction. Maybe her kid is immunosuppressed , or has an iron deficiency or a heart or lung condition,  for whom a cold is a bigger risk. These kids can't spend their life at home. But they can avoid people with a cold or flu. Be nice. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

If you read the whole story the Cashier asked why he couldn't get sick and his response was no reason she just doesn't like dealing with him when he's sick. I was thinking the same thing until the father said that.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:58 PM
These peole will have the sickest kids when they start school. I mean kids and adults gaet colds and coughs that last a month. You have to go to school and work. Some people are just freaks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Kids with immune disorders have to learn to deal without being rude to someone who has a cough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nathans_mom0612
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Quoting atlmom2:

Kids with immune disorders have to learn to deal without being rude to someone who has a cough.

The cashier was saying the same thing that he has to build an immune system and the father agreed. I felt extremelyoffended. She was looking at my kids like they were toxic.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:40 PM
No one can nor should they try and police the general public.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsImperfect
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:43 PM
2 moms liked this
At least there's one sensible adult in that household
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JamesMom714
by Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Geez... Sometimes you have to go out when the kids are sick... Now I don't like to see a kid hackin up a next to the produce... But to assume a kid is sick because of one cough?? Silliness, could be allergies, a tickle or just a random cough...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN