Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Why don't you just put him in a bubble?

let me start by saying that I don't enjoy going out while I'm sick but sometimes there is something I really need and have to. I also don't like taking my kids to the store when they are sick but I live in the middle of nowhere with no family and friends so they have to come with me. Also, I'm sure there are more germs on the stuff you touch in the store than my child and I'm sure I wasnt the first sick person to walk into the store today. Now to my story

I walk in the store with two of my kids who are still a tad bit sick but not to the point where they can't be out in public. I grab my ome thing that I went in for and head to the checkout. There was a couple with their two year old already there and the dad was holding him. One of my kids must have coughed and the mother overheard and she started reaching for her child and the husband was like he's fine. And she kept reaching, turned to me and said "are your kids sick?" when I responded yes she grabbed her kid said he can't get sick and bolted for the door. The husband was said I can't believe she just did that and you could tell he was aggrevated. The cashier asked why he couldn't get sick and he said she just doesn't like dealing with him When he gets sick. He has only been sick three times in two years. I don't like dealing with my kids when they are sick either but it's part of being a parent. Me and the cashier couldn't believe what we saw. Wow!

~Melissa~Wife to Jarrod~Mommy to Nathan, Kristina, and Tyler~

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
MrS.GiFFord
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:13 AM
So stupid. What a crazy lady. I she works she's going to be spending a lot of time at home when her kid starts school and starts getting sick from all the germs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cajunniki90
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM

And, how presicely does she expect him to build ammunities???  Immunizations do not cover everything!!! Sounds like someone needs to put on her "big girl panties" and DEAL WITH IT!!!!  Kids get sick!!  You can't stop every little germ from getting to them!!

Nathans_mom0612
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Quoting cajunniki90:

And, how presicely does she expect him to build ammunities???  Immunizations do not cover everything!!! Sounds like someone needs to put on her "big girl panties" and DEAL WITH IT!!!!  Kids get sick!!  You can't stop every little germ from getting to them!!

Exactly what I wanted to say to her before she did 0 to 60 for the door with child in tow.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 9, 2012 at 11:20 AM
I can't stand germaphobic freaks. Purell every day does more harm than good also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Michelle on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I will admit it annoys me when parents take their kids out sick.
We went to this festival and the kids behind DD in this ride were steady coughing and runny nose! DD ended up sick a few days later, then I got it!

Marimaru
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I guess in the story I'm just kind of glad that the husband thought it was ridiculous too.

lilmomma232010
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:58 PM

wow, poor kid

i wonder what she will do when her kid starts walking and running and playing and trying to eat dirt lol

i think my kid has been really sick like once and it was strep when he was 11months other then that he has a cold 2 times a year and i dont keep him from grems(he tries to eat dirt at least once a day lol)

Autumn22
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Lol, wow!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nathans_mom0612
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Quoting MIA0223:

I will admit it annoys me when parents take their kids out sick. We went to this festival and the kids behind DD in this ride were steady coughing and runny nose! DD ended up sick a few days later, then I got it!

Well that is understandable but regardless if I'm sick or not, a trip to the grocery store is necessary. I wouldn't bring my kids to a public event if they were sick.

sheramom4
by Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 2:25 PM

My kids have awful seasonal allergies, so we have run into people freaking out that they are "sick." I don't even give a response when they ask. If the kids have a fever or are oozing green gunk from their noses, I try my best to keep them home (or strep or something). If they are sniffling, sneezing, and coughing, it's allergies.....

I can't stand germophobes. I know a woman who seriously thinks her kids are sick weekly. She also runs to the doctor every time they are exposed to anything and demands antibiotics for every sniffle....drives me nuts...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)