Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Baby Drank Alcohol Accidentally, Family Says

Baby Drank Alcohol Accidentally, Family Says

Chris Biele FOX40 News

9:58 p.m. PDT, June 10, 2012

STOCKTON-

The family of a 5-month-old girl taken to the hospital with alcohol in her system says the whole incident was an accident.

Iesha Hill, 26, was arrested Saturday in Stockton on child abuse charges. Hill's mother, Tressie Piggee, says they mistakenly used a water bottle filled with alcohol to make baby formula.

"I feel that her mother should be here. I don't feel that she should have been arrested because it was an accident," Piggee said.

They brought the girl to a hospital in Stockton where medical staff called police.

"A 5-month-old baby ingesting any amount of alcohol, that's definitely a serious situation which has to be dealt with immediately," said Officer Joe Silva of the Stockton Police Department.

The little girl was transported to UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento where her family says she continues towards a full recovery.

"We feel bad for the baby because she's up there suffering right now because of our mistakes," Piggee said.

Hill is due in court Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-baby-drank-alcohol-accidentally-family-says-20120610,0,2298124.story#ixzz1xUsQjkoP

The PhOtObOoTh!  A FuN group full of
contests, challenges, showdowns etc........
If you Love Photography you will Love this!

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Replies (11-16):
Barabell
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I've heard in some abuse cases that parents will give their infants alcohol to quiet the baby. It's sad, but it does happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was intentional to quiet a fussy baby. So sad. :(

Ariellasmom
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:46 AM
That's crazy. How did they not think to check if it was water or not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:51 PM

If it was meant on purpose, why would they have brought the baby to the hospital?

orchid404
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:00 PM

How could they not smell it??  Is there any alcohol that doesn't have a scent??  

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Not vokda's. That's the "hiding" alcoholics choice of beverage.

Quoting kristina0121:

How did she not smell I though? Alcohol usually smells pretty strong to me.

Pooobaihr
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Its easy to see how this kinda thing could happen.  Its hard to tell from this article if the mother did it on purpose or not. I hope it was an accident like reported.  It easily can happen.  I have cousins that hide their alcohol and such, like this.... so it can certainly happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)