Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

im not old, im middle aged

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:43 PM
  • 12 Replies
This past weekend I was talking to my cousin's friend. They wanted to go out and go to the mall and wondow shop, go to a teen hot spot and "party". I was like y'all can have that. Were old (my cousin (her mom)and me). Her friend goes "y'all aren't old, you're just middle aged". We died laughing. Were 31.and 34.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

34 is nearly middle aged with 72 as the average life expectancy.  OMG, I am 51. 

Nikkijr
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:02 PM
I sure hope I am not considered old! I just turned 30 this yr lol. Middle age to me is hard to guess. Some live to be ove a hundred years old. So going by that I guess 50 would be middle aged. :P

Quoting kitty8199:

This past weekend I was talking to my cousin's friend. They wanted to go out and go to the mall and wondow shop, go to a teen hot spot and "party". I was like y'all can have that. Were old (my cousin (her mom)and me). Her friend goes "y'all aren't old, you're just middle aged". We died laughing. Were 31.and 34.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuLuRex
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Haha!

MIA0223
by Michelle on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Lol!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Nicole on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:02 PM
That would make you old, lol. Its funny what kids think old is. 31 is middle aged lol.

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:06 PM

LOL, yep I am old.  I mean most don't hit 90 and 100 when you think about it.  Personally, I say middle age starts around 40 or so to me. 

Quoting kitty8199:

That would make you old, lol. Its funny what kids think old is. 31 is middle aged lol.

Quoting atlmom2:

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

kitty8199
by Nicole on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Well I have 9 more years lol.

Quoting atlmom2:

LOL, yep I am old.  I mean most don't hit 90 and 100 when you think about it.  Personally, I say middle age starts around 40 or so to me. 

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom23heathens
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:12 PM

When i was in elementary i thought any grown up was old. Then in my teens i thought 35 was old but couldn't wait to get to my 20's . in my 20's i thought 50's was old. In my 30's i thought my grandma was old. I'm stopping there but let's just say i still think my grandma is old but i have a new kind of respect for her and i think my mom is getting older and i have a new respect for her as well.

justahousewife
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Age is what you make it. My favorite aunt is 73 and she's full of life. My dad on the other hand is 60 and looks and acts like he's on deaths door. I grew up in a retired preachers community, all good christian folk who lived well into their 90's and never lost the life in them till the last year or so before they died. I'm 30-something and looking forward to the next 60 years. :) I had a lot of good role models.

Barabell
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 9:52 PM

LOL, that's funny. 

My husband and I are a little younger than most of my son's friend's parents, and so I never heard too many comments like that from him. But he did call me old the other day. I just have to laugh at it, otherwise I'd cry. :-P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)