Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How big is your three year old?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:58 PM
  • 29 Replies
height and weight...my. Three year old has always be sure. I just want to see where she measures up bher twin brother is only 1/2 inch taller than her but weighs almost 5 lbs. More than her. She is 36.5" and 28lbs.

~Melissa~Wife to Jarrod~Mommy to Nathan, Kristina, and Tyler~

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Don't remember too much about height except mine were short and another one extra petite.  My short dd was about 28 lbs.  She was around the 25th percentile for height and weight.  My petite dd was about 23lbs at 3 years old.  She was not even on the height or weight chart at this point.  From about 4 months old until she was a teenager she wasn't even on the height or weight charts at all. 

MIA0223
by Michelle on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:07 PM
I think DD was about that size, maybe a little taller and lighter though, but not much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nathans_mom0612
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Quoting atlmom2:

Don't remember too much about height except mine were short and another one extra petite.  My short dd was about 28 lbs.  She was around the 25th percentile for height and weight.  My petite dd was about 23lbs at 3 years old.  She was not even on the height or weight chart at this point.  From about 4 months old until she was a teenager she wasn't even on the height or weight charts at all. 

Yeah mine just got on the chart at 2 years old. And when she did it was only the 6th percentile. I don't remember the dr. Telling me what she was percentile wise last appointment.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Quoting Nathans_mom0612:

Quoting atlmom2:

Yeah mine just got on the chart at 2 years old. And when she did it was only the 6th percentile. I don't remember the dr. Telling me what she was percentile wise last appointment.

Tiny dd is 18 and is 4 ft 10 and 94 lbs.  She looks like a 13 year old or so and just graduated HS last weekend.  I will post her pic at graduation, lol. You can see who she is.  She will love looking so young some day. 

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Nathans_mom0612
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Quoting atlmom2:

Oh yeah she definitely sticks out. My dd is average height wise just so skinny. I guess it will take a few more years to determine how her body is going to shape, but I think she is going to be skinny.

rh2pinkie
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:22 PM
yeah I have a chunky toddler. she is 3 1/2 and weighs 55lbs. she is solid though, idk her exact height, but she about 42" or so
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Quoting Nathans_mom0612:

Quoting atlmom2:

Oh yeah she definitely sticks out. My dd is average height wise just so skinny. I guess it will take a few more years to determine how her body is going to shape, but I think she is going to be skinny.

Her friends get mad at her because she eats SO much food and never gains.  They look at food and gain.  Her metabolism is just fast.  She wears 00 jeans or girls size 14 slim.  She likes to buy only JR clothes though and sometimes its hard.  She buys X small or small tops and tee shirts. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Quoting rh2pinkie:

yeah I have a chunky toddler. she is 3 1/2 and weighs 55lbs. she is solid though, idk her exact height, but she about 42" or so

My dd was 60 lbs in 6th grade. 

justahousewife
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:16 PM

My oldest was a steady 50 percentile for weight and 75 percentile for height up till this past school year. My youngest has always followed the 3-5 percentile mark for both weight and height. I can't tell you exact weights/heights because I paid more attention to steady growth more than actual size. Ped's recommendation. 

jillbailey26
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:57 PM

At 3, my daughter was almost 34" tall and weighed 23lbs.  She's a tiny girl.  Still is at 4.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN