CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. We just launched a new "Mom of the Day" area. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.
1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?
Seeing my children grow up healthy and smart and seeing such bright futures for them.
2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?
3. What do you like most about CafeMom?
The group of women here seems real and down-to-earth without any pretentiousness.
4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)
I used to do a lot of community theater with dh, but now I spend my evenings at work and my weekends relaxing with a book or good TV show.
5. What are your favorites:
Book: The Tightwad Gazette. It taught me I can live a wonderful frugal life.
Movie: Overboard, The Color Purple, & 50 First Dates
Song: I love songs from the 70s
Food: Asian food (Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Indian)
Place to travel to: Venice, Italy
6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?
Angelina Jolie - just to know how to keep it together and look good doing it. Mayim Bialik - I love her whole attachment parenting ideal and I think it would be interesting to discuss it.
7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?
Don't sweat the small stuff. Really.
8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?
9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?
I wanted to be a Broadway star. Right now I am a sales rep for a cable company.
10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?
Kate Middleton. I just think it would be cool.
Now answer her question for YOU:
Have you been to NYC? :)