Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

To the mom who left walmart because of 4 kids

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:05 PM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this
im not sure if it was in this group, but if your reading this, I felt your pain today. I have a 5 year old, 3 year old twins and 18 month old and if it wasn't something I absolutely needed, I would have left today. It has been almost a year since I took all 4 to walmartwith me alone and now I remember why. I usually go with hubby or have him watch two for me but he is at work til tomorrow afternoon and I needed something for tomorrow. I was SO embarrassed by their behavior. Numerous times I had to tell them to stop hitting each other and use their indoor voices and nit once did they listen. They are perfect at the dr. The playground, tball practice, but walmart, they just cant behave for me!!!

~Melissa~Wife to Jarrod~Mommy to Nathan, Kristina, and Tyler~

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy5912
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Did you punish them when you got them home? Why didn't you just put them in time out right in the store? They need to learn how to behave at the store and sometimes that means punishing them either right then and there or at least punishing them at home for their behavior.

Nathans_mom0612
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM
They are being punished right now. And I took their treat away that I bought for them.
Nathans_mom0612
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:12 PM
They don't know that I bought the treat so I will save it on a day that they are being very good.
Autumn22
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:04 PM
I have a 7 year old *who is absolutly always good in stores*, 2 4 year olds, a 2 yr old and a one month old. Lol. Its horrible to take them all, but when I do, I have suckers in hand... And i put the 2 yr old in the seat part of the cart, the 4 yr olds in the buggy part, the baby in the sling and my 7 yr old pushes the cart for groceries. It usually works out well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannieP
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:07 PM
I have put my daughters in time out right in the middle of the store. They sit there and scream their faces off and I don't give a damn what people think about that. My oldest rarely has this happen anymore (almost 6) because she KNOWS and I think she is a little embarrassed now if she gets in trouble at the store. My 2yo though, man she can take like 20 minutes to serve a 2 minuets timeout.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JamesMom714
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:14 PM
I feel for you... I only have one (almost) two year old and it can be a nightmare. I promise to offer encouraging words to any mommy i see struggling at the store (as I usually do anyway)...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nathans_mom0612
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Quoting JamesMom714:

I feel for you... I only have one (almost) two year old and it can be a nightmare. I promise to offer encouraging words to any mommy i see struggling at the store (as I usually do anyway)...

I was so embarrassed. When I take two or even three with me there are no issues. O ce my oldest enters the mix all hell breaks lose. And it's not just him causing the issues, it's all of them but when he is around it's like they think it's ok to act out. I could feel the people staring at me.

~Melissa~Wife to Jarrod~Mommy to Nathan, Kristina, and Tyler~

JamesMom714
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:41 PM
I'm sorry momma... I know before I had kids I didn't get why people just didn't "control" their kids... Now I totally get it!
And what makes it worse is that when you could use the most support or help or encouragement is when people (general public) seem to only offer the opposite. Having kids (Esp a high energy toddler) has really opened my eyes!

Quoting Nathans_mom0612:

Quoting JamesMom714:

I was so embarrassed. When I take two or even three with me there are no issues. O ce my oldest enters the mix all hell breaks lose. And it's not just him causing the issues, it's all of them but when he is around it's like they think it's ok to act out. I could feel the people staring at me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jalestra
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM

The catalyst! I have that kid. It's my 3rd oldest child. She's not usually acting up, but for some reason just her being around is enough to send the youngest two into mach 3 behavior, but only at home. They've all learned the harsh lessons of messing with momma out of the house. If we're doing something they don't like it somehow takes magically longer to get it done and if it's something they love then they always find themselves sitting in the car while I read my Kindle in the front seat and the rest of the family enjoys the fun activity. LOL

Quoting Nathans_mom0612:

Quoting JamesMom714:

wooly
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I used to take my 3 and the 2 i babysat to the store w/ me all the time.  I warned them before we got out of the car, to act right.  They ranged in ages from 3 1/2 to 6.  I was never embarassed by them.  I don't understand the kids I see in the stores today.  I would have died of embarassment and my kids would have been beaten to death.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)