Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

True Blood?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:24 PM
  • 18 Replies
Are you all freaks about this show? My sister and nieces LOVE it! I saw about 20 min of an episode and did not understand AT ALL the big deal. It seemed like a glorified version of Buffy the Vampire Slayer to me. Bad acting, cheesy special effects and some hot guys. They got all in a hissy fit when I said that..lol. WTF is the deal with that show? Seriously
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nodramamama311
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayelynnesmommy
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:30 PM

DH is obsessed with it. I watch it with him to look at the hot usually half naked guys.

luvcloudydays
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:31 PM
4 moms liked this
You NEED to watch it from the very first episode, or it won't make any sense. It really is an awesome show, just don't watch it in front of kids. It's not for prudes and people who get squeemish over gore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:33 PM
That's what my sister says, to watch from the beginning.

Quoting luvcloudydays:

You NEED to watch it from the very first episode, or it won't make any sense. It really is an awesome show, just don't watch it in front of kids. It's not for prudes and people who get squeemish over gore.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Well who doesn't like half naked hot guys? ....lol

Quoting kayelynnesmommy:

DH is obsessed with it. I watch it with him to look at the hot usually half naked guys.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Glitchtastic
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

The show is based on a book series referred to as "A Sookie Stackhouse Novel," or "The Southern Vampire Mysteries." The books are pretty trashy much like the show. At least it's an improvement over Volvo driving sparkling vegetarian vampires? True Blood started out really strong in my opinion. The first three seasons were unrelenting awesome. However last season (4) was AWFUL! I was so glad when the season finale came and went. I watched the first EP of season 5 when it came out on Sunday. Still pretty awful. 

There is no doubt that these books/tv show are vampire erotica approved for cable tv.  I have more than a few friends that read the books and they've told me straight out they are trashy brain candy books. One of my good friends even makes book covers for them so no one will know what she is reading when in public. hahaha 

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jun. 13, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I usually like the first few episodes and then end up throwing my remote control at the tv and screaming 5-6 episodes in, because they ruin it.

The books are so much better. I hate what they've done with the show. Is it seriously that hard to put a book on script paper and have people act it out. I hate writers and director's "creative vision". Just give me the book, on the screen.

jerzeetomato
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I'm a couple seasons behind, but my friend told me they have diverted from the books at this point in the series.  I plan on catching up with Netflix over the summer.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I usually like the first few episodes and then end up throwing my remote control at the tv and screaming 5-6 episodes in, because they ruin it.

The books are so much better. I hate what they've done with the show. Is it seriously that hard to put a book on script paper and have people act it out. I hate writers and director's "creative vision". Just give me the book, on the screen.

Kazoo22
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Yeah I agree. They changed quite a few things from the books and even though sometimes it's little things, it's still a part of the story. I guess they make some changes so that they can lead it into a direction that goes farther along than when the books stop, but still it's a little annoying.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

LyTe684
by Tasha on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I love it. You can't just turn it on and watch it from anywhere. If you haven't watched from the beginning, it won't make sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)