Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

'Magic Mike' Star Matt Bomer Whines About Getting Waxed -- Welcome to Our World! Do you think keeping things "trim" is a hassle?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:07 PM
  • 3 Replies

'Magic Mike' Star Matt Bomer Whines About Getting Waxed -- Welcome to Our World!

Posted by Emily Abbate on June 13, 2012

Matt Bomer in 'Magic Mike' in theaters June 29I'm not really one to head on over to a strip club on the weekends. But I am ALL for heading to the theater sometime around June 29 to see Magic Mike. You've heard of it, right? It's that movie featuring hunks like Channing Tatum, Matthew McConaughey, Joe Manganiello, and Matt Bomer shirtless, as strippers. Swooon!

Of course, these handsome stars couldn't show up on set without doing some prepwork. No no no, I'm not just talking about a few extra pushups at the gym and an additional 8,000,000 crunches a week (although I'm sure those things helped, too). I'm talking grooming work. You know ... manscaping.

Magic Mike star Matt Bomer spoke about the, erm, added emphasis on personal upkeep: "We all had to go there. I'm not going to say it was fun, and personally I will never do it again ... for that project, it was necessary."

I laugh. Welcome to the world of a woman, my friend.

I get where Matt's coming from. By the looks of these guys shiny pecks and nether-regions, I'd say it's pretty apparent these A-listers waxed for this occasion. Waxing can be a massive pain in the you-know-whatsit. Ow, it burns. Ow, the pain. Mhm, I get it.

But heck, at least it's not something that is expected from them during the normal real-life day-to-day. For a woman, you're an oddball if you're not groomed in the right places. Whether you wax, shave, Nair, or use that silly little towel that claims to simply "wipe it all away" -- women are doing maintenance all the time. AND we're not just talking about shaving under our arms and that's it. Legs, arms, and the lady parts (if you're into that sort of thing). All. The. Time. Personally, I shave my legs at least twice a week, if not more!

I'm sorry, but I can't help but chuckle. Matty, you've got it easy.

Do you think keeping things "trim" is a hassle? How often do you shave your legs?

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Its.me.Sam.
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:11 PM

women shouldnt whine about it either.  its a choice.  we decide to do it in order to fit in with the socially accepted idea of what we are supposed to look like. and/or because we like it lol

wooly
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:11 PM

every day.  I can't stand the feel of stubble! 

shortiesmom24
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I am 32 weeks pregnant so yes right now it is a hassle cause it takes me so long and i can barely bend to have lol! But before no it was not a hassle lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN