Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

playing outside alone?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:19 PM
  • 35 Replies

At what age did you or will you let your child/children play outside by themselves?

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silvercrow
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:01 PM

depends in the yard in sight about 3 or 4

around 5 the can ride their bikes up and down the street and play with or at friends houses

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:28 PM

That's pretty much what I did. Where we lived during these ages was a totally fenced yard, including the driveway. And it was a dead-end street. Everyone knew everyone, it was a nice area.

When we moved, the area they could explore alone in was bigger. Lots of acres.

Quoting silvercrow:

depends in the yard in sight about 3 or 4

around 5 the can ride their bikes up and down the street and play with or at friends houses

Schleetle
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:28 PM
8, but that privilege got taken away. That was to the park out front of the house, and we live on base.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuLuRex
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest is only 3 and I am no where near letting him play alone outside.

Texascandee
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:06 PM

My grandson is 8 and I or my husband is outside any time he plays out....we live in an apt, so we watch what goes on outside.  I don't want him being accused of something that he didn't do because I have a neighbor that it a total biotch and has accused him of things before

jessimicuh
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:10 PM
my girls play in my yard unattended..we know our neighbors, and they watch out for us as well as we watch out for them.. They are 4 &5 1/2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunnyJoJo
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I have no idea. She'll be 4 this year and I won't let her play outside alone yet. Our yard is a popular bear crossing and the back of our property butts up to a busy 55mph road. I'm not sure when I'll feel comfortable with her out there by herself.

NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Who knows. Mine are 7&9..they can play in our back yard alone (I can see them from inside)...but not the front. I have to go out with them if they want to ride bikes. I see too many kids out alone running wild...I don't want mine to be like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:05 PM

My daughter was 9 and my son was 8. I kept them pretty close until then. They were allowed to play out back around the age of 4 or 5. But my town isn't known for being a nice place. 

Autumn22
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN