Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do You Yell At Your Kids?

Posted by   + Show Post
So who here yells at their kids? I know I have. And my child I yell at is 3 years old. In your responses please add the child(ren)'s ages. However you do not have to. Thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
marinewife55
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol sounds sooo much like my dd, Aww she would loooove to have partners in crime...lol she's an only child

Quoting gcstar42:

Oh she would so get along with my girls! They jump off of everything haha. They have one of those horses on springs (a hobby horse?) and they love to balance standing straight up with no holding on to anything on the part that looks like a saddle and they make it bounce and then jump off. Oh and they love to get a cardboard box and close each other into it and flip it and roll it with someone inside. My son doesnt do all the jumping but he loves to get in on the box thing lol. Or if we dont have a box around they like to empty the clothes out of our laundry hamper which is kinda tall and round and they get in it and roll lol. Oh and yesterday they came up with a new idea haha. The 2 and 4 yr old both said they had to go potty but that they didnt need help and could do it by themselves. I was making lunch so I agreed thinking it would be easier if I didnt have to stop since they both know how to potty no problems. Well a couple of minutes later I heard the sink water running. Still didnt think too much about it because I always tell them to make sure and wash their hands after going potty. Well a minute later the water was STILL running so I go in their and my 2 yr old is sitting in the sink naked washing herself with the handsoap and my 4 yr old had the hand towel all wet and soapy and was using it to wash her baby doll. That was another semi yelling moment where I raised my voice and asked what in the world they were doing lol. So no more going to the bathroom alone for them lol. Next time I will remember that it actually is easier to just stop what I am doing for a couple of minutes haha.

Quoting marinewife55:

Lol yeah my friends are like you're always yelling, she's only two and I'm like ugh she dont act like ur guys kids, they are kinda quiet reserved shy...my dd is just crazy non stop, she just fell asleep and its midnite lol earlier I was in the kitchen and I hear her going onnnne twoooo and I go in the living room and she's standing on the top of the couch with her back turned and just falls backward onto the couch...I'm like WHAT ARE YOU DOING? And she just bust out into laughter and goes ohhh momma lol

Quoting gcstar42:

Lol yeah usually when I yell it is mostly out of surprise. I walked in and I was like (yelling) "WHAT HAPPENED IN HERE? I CANT BELIEVE THIS MESS. I AM GONE FOR ONE MINUTE AND I COME OUT TO THIS! YALL BETTER GET THOSE TOWELS AND START SOAKING IT UP RIGHT NOW!"  lol.  But then I calmed down and in a regular voice told them that next time they wanted some they need to let me know instead of trying to do it themselves.

Quoting marinewife55:

Omg my two yr old has done the same exact thing, flavored straw and all...and I yelled more out of surprise, ayiyi she does crazy stuff alllll the time, she's 2 going on 15 lol

Quoting gcstar42:

My kids are 6, 4, and 2. I try not to yell, but there have been plenty of times they did something really crazy and I just yell without thinking about it. Usually its when I have to go to the bathroom lol. Like today when I came out of the bathroom and found the kitchen floor covered in milk and my 2 and 4 yr olds both in the middle of it with some of those chocolate and strawberry flavoring straws and sipping the milk off of the floor. ( There was a cup on the floor also lol. Apparantly my 4 yr old had tried to pour it and the cup dumped over so they just decided to sip off the floor instead lol.) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xx13itch143xx
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:02 AM
He is two years old..
LyTe684
by Tasha on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Yes. He's five. Almost six.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Yes, although I'm working on it.  My boys are 9 and 6.

saltyalley1227
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:39 AM
I yell to him if he's far or zoned out and can't hear me. I don't scream at him though. Just talk firmly. He knows the "in trouble tone." he's 2.5.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zadesmom1998
by Breezy on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:40 AM
I was a yeller until I was in a car accident. It changed my.personality completely and I haven't yelled at my kids in almost four years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:44 AM
All the time, we are Italian and I come from a long line of yellers. My kids are 10 and 4. They are pretty good kids but at least once a day they do something yell worthy...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
indymom72
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:55 AM

I yell every day..my kids are 12, 5 and 2.

indymom72
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Quoting nodramamama311:

All the time, we are Italian and I come from a long line of yellers. My kids are 10 and 4. They are pretty good kids but at least once a day they do something yell worthy...lol

me too...lol...family dinners were a trip when I was growing up...it was like a contest to see who could be the loudest.

MarShy740
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:58 AM
I do a 5 year old and 2 year old. Don't let the age fool you they are crazy kids but I love them so much it drives me insane lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)