Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do You Yell At Your Kids?

Posted by   + Show Post
So who here yells at their kids? I know I have. And my child I yell at is 3 years old. In your responses please add the child(ren)'s ages. However you do not have to. Thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Replies (41-50):
angelbabies11
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Yeah I did too and I'm trying to not make the same mistake but it's hard when you grew up like that, KWIM? my kids are 6, 4 & 2.

Quoting NananRaysmom:

7&9. I'm a yeller...always have been. I yell a lot and don't even realize it. I grew up in a yelling house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dreamer_8291
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:48 AM
I do yell at DD (3yo) and most of the time I don't mean to. I know I yell more than I should, but it's a habit. And I know it doesn't get me anywhere. I need to work on that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cajunniki90
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I definately yell, and way too much!!  It is something I have been working on lately.  It's a daily struggle for me!  

screaming

lisa601
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Sometimes. Mainly to get their attention or if they haven't done what they were supposed to when I ask nicely.

ETA. They are 9 and 11.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wooly
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:38 AM

It's better than ripping their  arm off and beating them with it! Yes, i used to yell at my kids.  But luckily for all of us they're grown now.  Believe it or not they still speak to me.  So, yelling is simply a parenting style that some of us have gotten into.  It's fine as long as you back up whatever it is you're telling them you're going to do.

A word of wisdom from an old lady I met when my kids were small and we were camping in Oregon.  She came over to compliment me on how well behaved my 3 boys were.  I told her they had better be or I had threatened to kill them.  She looked at me with a twinkle in her eye and asked " have you ever had to back that up?"  ok, I got the message.  I took it down a notch and from then on when I yelled at them and threatened them, it was always with something I could actually, legally do!

MIA0223
by Michelle on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:16 AM

No, she is 4.
I am a naturally quiet person, I don't yell. I can get my point across without yelling!

deadlights86
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:18 AM
8 7 & 3 yes I do. Especially my 7 yo cause he won't listen otherwise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
exnomax
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM
yes. 5 And 3. I have a 18 month old baby. but I do not yell at her. (yet)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pitbull4me
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM

yep, yeller here! grew up that way. I don't even realize it most times. my 2 yo will tell me to stop yelling! my almost yro dd can drive me CRAZY!!

"People don't have a pit bull problem, pit bulls have a people problem."

First they came for the Pit Bulls
and they banned them and killed them
their owners cried out in horror but I did not object
because I did not own pit bulls.

Then they came for the Rottweilers
and they banned them and muzzled them
their owners cried out in protest but I did not object
because I did not own Rottweilers.
Today they have come for my dogs
and they will ban them and take them from me
as I cry out in outrage and anger no one objects
because they do not own my dogs.

Mcat02
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I yell & i hate that i do!! I know it's not get anything accomplished when i do, but i swear they drive me batty at times! They are 9, 7, 6 & 4 & sometimes they fight sooo much i can't take it & yell for them to quit. Trying to not do it so much, but they have smart mouths sometimes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)