Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What is your take on this topic: Is torture ever acceptable?

do you think that Torture is acceptable?

if so, in what case?

The PhOtObOoTh!  A FuN group full of
contests, challenges, showdowns etc........
If you Love Photography you will Love this!

by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Replies (41-50):
Jerseysprincess
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I am all for it. I believe in an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. If other countries do it to us, why cant why do it to them? 

bmw29
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:17 PM
There are certainly some situations where torture is warrented.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rennez
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:19 PM
No. BC I think under torturous conditions even innocent people would confess to make it stop. Obviously I'm referring to the us government/other governments
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM

No

kitty8199
by Nicole on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Not here. Sex offenders or any violent offender do 90% of their sentence and no GA facilities allow smoking since 2010. (At least). All correctional institutes are smoke free. Max security is a bitch. They do 23 hour lockdowns.

Quoting noTimetothink:

are you kidding, have you ever been on the sex offenders web site....less then 5 years. one guy was out in 3 1/2 years for the rape on a 6 year old boy. and im sorry but they do get tv time and all that, jeffrey dahmer was allowed books and tv and smokes.  

Quoting kitty8199:

They would get more than 5 years and a max security is on lockdown most of the day. You get out to shower, eat and yard. You spend 22 hours a day in a cell with 4 dudes.

Quoting noTimetothink:

my BIL was too for 5 years and while yes he was beaten and he saw people get stabbed, he also was watching tv shows that he liked and was able to work (within the prison) to earn money so he could buy candy and smokes. he ordered dirty mag's. yes they may be scared but they also have a roof over their head and food in their belly and entertainment. just doesnt seem good enough. so i guess we can just agree to disagree. someone hurts my baby that way i would want them to die a painful death. something happens to your child and they could be out of jail in under 5 years, but the 5 years will be living in sheer terror......just doesnt seem fair o me.

Quoting kitty8199:

My kids dad is in prison. He's only in med security, too. He said its HELL and he was terrified all the time before he was transferred to min sec. He said they jump people all the time, his bunkmate was killed over a cell phone. He said people get stabbed all the time. I think living in sheer terror is punishment.

Quoting noTimetothink:

death is a punishment, even ted bundy was allowed to watch tv and listen to the radio and read books and talk with people. i dont think they should be allowed any of that. and even if you took that stuff away they still have their dreams where they can relive the abuse they inflicted on your child. atleast in death they have nothing....which is what they are, nothing

Quoting kitty8199:

Death is not a punishment. Life in prison is.

Quoting noTimetothink:

not even if someone raped your child and caused internal bleeded and almost killed her? i think you would. or you would allow someone else to. atleast a fast bullet to the head

Quoting kitty8199:

No. Its just wrong no matter how uch someone "deserves" it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grannie_kel
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I believe torture could be a good thing, both for terrorists and anyone in our prison system here who had a victim that was hurt or killed by someone who was enjoying their power over either someone weaker than them or a person that never stood a chance because they didn't see it coming.  I believe our prison population would go down drastically if these cowards knew that whatever they dealt out to innocent victims would be returned onto them. 

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I would rather just kill the person quickly, than go through the time and energy to torture.

Quoting maciymommieof3:

yeah right? I am thinking in terms of our Justice System.

Quoting Lachrymose:

I enjoyed Gerard Butler's Law Abiding Citizen.  But as far as real life.. I'm not sure.  I don't think I'd ever do it myself.  But I wouldn't completely disagree if someone else did it.. esp. if the legal system did not help. 

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I've heard they get something with their sentence when they go to the big house. You know, a gift from Bubba.

Quoting maciymommieof3:

right...but if someone violated a child....I think something more than just a "sentence" should be handed down.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Eye for an eye isn't meant to be taken literally.  It's meant that the secular judgement (by a judge, not a peer) should be equal.  Not too harsh and not too lenient.  So you wouldn't send someone who steals a candy bar to jail for a life sentence and you wouldn't let a murderer off with probation.

Quoting maciymommieof3:

not even in an "eye for an eye" case?

Quoting jillbailey26:

Nope.

noTimetothink
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:53 AM

where are you from, because in NY and WA i have see sex offenders out in under 5 years. if its their first time then they let them out early. i never wrote back last night cuz i was looking at the sex offenders list in NY in my area so i could copy and paste one of the guys that did under 5 years and freaked when i saw a father that goes to my girls every other friday packed meeting for headstart on the list. i am telling the school today when headstart does a home visit with the girls.

Quoting kitty8199:

Not here. Sex offenders or any violent offender do 90% of their sentence and no GA facilities allow smoking since 2010. (At least). All correctional institutes are smoke free. Max security is a bitch. They do 23 hour lockdowns.

Quoting noTimetothink:

are you kidding, have you ever been on the sex offenders web site....less then 5 years. one guy was out in 3 1/2 years for the rape on a 6 year old boy. and im sorry but they do get tv time and all that, jeffrey dahmer was allowed books and tv and smokes.  

Quoting kitty8199:

They would get more than 5 years and a max security is on lockdown most of the day. You get out to shower, eat and yard. You spend 22 hours a day in a cell with 4 dudes.

Quoting noTimetothink:

my BIL was too for 5 years and while yes he was beaten and he saw people get stabbed, he also was watching tv shows that he liked and was able to work (within the prison) to earn money so he could buy candy and smokes. he ordered dirty mag's. yes they may be scared but they also have a roof over their head and food in their belly and entertainment. just doesnt seem good enough. so i guess we can just agree to disagree. someone hurts my baby that way i would want them to die a painful death. something happens to your child and they could be out of jail in under 5 years, but the 5 years will be living in sheer terror......just doesnt seem fair o me.

Quoting kitty8199:

My kids dad is in prison. He's only in med security, too. He said its HELL and he was terrified all the time before he was transferred to min sec. He said they jump people all the time, his bunkmate was killed over a cell phone. He said people get stabbed all the time. I think living in sheer terror is punishment.

Quoting noTimetothink:

death is a punishment, even ted bundy was allowed to watch tv and listen to the radio and read books and talk with people. i dont think they should be allowed any of that. and even if you took that stuff away they still have their dreams where they can relive the abuse they inflicted on your child. atleast in death they have nothing....which is what they are, nothing

Quoting kitty8199:

Death is not a punishment. Life in prison is.

Quoting noTimetothink:

not even if someone raped your child and caused internal bleeded and almost killed her? i think you would. or you would allow someone else to. atleast a fast bullet to the head

Quoting kitty8199:

No. Its just wrong no matter how uch someone "deserves" it.

noTimetothink
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I totally agree with you!!!!

Quoting grannie_kel:

I believe torture could be a good thing, both for terrorists and anyone in our prison system here who had a victim that was hurt or killed by someone who was enjoying their power over either someone weaker than them or a person that never stood a chance because they didn't see it coming.  I believe our prison population would go down drastically if these cowards knew that whatever they dealt out to innocent victims would be returned onto them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)