Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Would YOU go tubing in a river that had a dead body in it?!

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:38 PM
  • 40 Replies

So yesterday my friend and I were talking about on our way back home from Minneapolis next month we should stop in this town that has a river that is used for tubing.  Lay back, kick back, drink, hang out.  It's about a 2 hour long river ride.  With random sand bars used for 'a party spot'.  There are about 3 of these on this river.  So it could take anywhere from the 2 hour straight shot-no stopping at party spot to 5-6 hours depending on how long you sit at the spot....  I'm rambling now... Sorry.... 

Come to find out today... 

About a month ago or so... a guy went missing... they found his truck shortly after but not the body.

Untilllllll, just the the other day his body was found... in the same river we were planning to go tubing down.  He had to have been there at least 3 weeks or so.  

I haven't heard anything about them closing the river (well not letting people tube down it, since you can't really "close a river") but I'm assuming they have.  Not sure how long.  

I told my friend, she said "NASTY!".  I agree.  But she is still thinking about going tubing down it assuming the river is "open" again.  We aren't going on this trip for another 25 days.  And with the drunk people that go down the river every weekend in the summer... How many people have pissed, shit and puked in that very same river every single year, same with any lake.  And we've been down it before...

Given the amount of time the dead body was in the river (3 weeks or so) ...and the amount of time between now and when we were planning on going... (Just under a month, 25 days)

Would you still go?

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isaiahsmomma86
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
The water flows down river... you wont be tubing in dead man...idk... juices? if that's what you're worried about...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Williams13
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Quoting isaiahsmomma86:

The water flows down river... you wont be tubing in dead man...idk... juices? if that's what you're worried about...

Lol, juices.  Gross.  

Idk.  I'm not really worried about anything.. I guess maybe just the idea?  

I don't know if this would help at all but I believe the river flows North.  There is a river in my state that does for sure, and I believe this river flows into that one and eventually into the Hudson Bay.

isaiahsmomma86
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:49 PM
So long as its flowing I'm sure it'll be fine. Have a drink or two once youre therw and I'm sure it wont bother you anymore :) it is kinda freaky when you think about it.

Quoting Mrs.Williams13:

Quoting isaiahsmomma86:

Lol, juices.  Gross.  

Idk.  I'm not really worried about anything.. I guess maybe just the idea?  

I don't know if this would help at all but I believe the river flows North.  There is a river in my state that does for sure, and I believe this river flows into that one and eventually into the Hudson Bay.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Williams13
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:20 PM

BUMP!

Mrs.Williams13
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM

What does a girl have to do to get some replies all up in here?!

Mrs.Williams13
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:40 PM

BUMP!

tyfry7496
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I would. People die in rivers, lakes and pools all the time, not a big deal. If I stopped because a body was found I wouldn't leave my house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sure that's not the first dead body that's been in that river over the years. AND I'm sure "they" never closed the river or stopped people from going in it. It's a river!! As long as the water is flowing everything is fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:55 PM
This

Quoting tyfry7496:

Yes I would. People die in rivers, lakes and pools all the time, not a big deal. If I stopped because a body was found I wouldn't leave my house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachelle91
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I live near the Coulmbian River which connects to the Ocean I have swam in it more then a few times there have been MANY people who have died in there. It flows and i am sure its not the same water it was. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)