Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Would YOU go tubing in a river that had a dead body in it?!

So yesterday my friend and I were talking about on our way back home from Minneapolis next month we should stop in this town that has a river that is used for tubing.  Lay back, kick back, drink, hang out.  It's about a 2 hour long river ride.  With random sand bars used for 'a party spot'.  There are about 3 of these on this river.  So it could take anywhere from the 2 hour straight shot-no stopping at party spot to 5-6 hours depending on how long you sit at the spot....  I'm rambling now... Sorry.... 

Come to find out today... 

About a month ago or so... a guy went missing... they found his truck shortly after but not the body.

Untilllllll, just the the other day his body was found... in the same river we were planning to go tubing down.  He had to have been there at least 3 weeks or so.  

I haven't heard anything about them closing the river (well not letting people tube down it, since you can't really "close a river") but I'm assuming they have.  Not sure how long.  

I told my friend, she said "NASTY!".  I agree.  But she is still thinking about going tubing down it assuming the river is "open" again.  We aren't going on this trip for another 25 days.  And with the drunk people that go down the river every weekend in the summer... How many people have pissed, shit and puked in that very same river every single year, same with any lake.  And we've been down it before...

Given the amount of time the dead body was in the river (3 weeks or so) ...and the amount of time between now and when we were planning on going... (Just under a month, 25 days)

Would you still go?

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Replies (31-40):
jerzeetomato
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:17 PM

LMAO!!   But I agree, the water is constantly moving so really there's no worries.

Quoting isaiahsmomma86:

The water flows down river... you wont be tubing in dead man...idk... juices? if that's what you're worried about...

barefootmommi
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Yea the body wouldn't bother me

Quoting tyfry7496:

Yes I would. People die in rivers, lakes and pools all the time, not a big deal. If I stopped because a body was found I wouldn't leave my house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dontchawishuknu
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:18 PM

I would hazard a guess that if you did your research, you could trace back and find a dead body in ANY body of water at some point in time or another.....along with dead animals, dead fish, etc.....I'm not that squeamish, so I'd still go, but that's just me. LOL

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:55 PM

lots of animals die in the places that collect drinking water.

Quoting Dontchawishuknu:

I would hazard a guess that if you did your research, you could trace back and find a dead body in ANY body of water at some point in time or another.....along with dead animals, dead fish, etc.....I'm not that squeamish, so I'd still go, but that's just me. LOL

The month of May is the Nerofibromatosis awarness month. 

One of the major signs are cafe au lait spots (flat brown spots on the skin).

Please research this disorder! 

I have this disorder myself.

CLICK PHOTO FOR MORE INFO!

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Oh, I'll just say it again.............Do you put your husbands cock in your mouth? You're only floating in a tube in the water.

bertie4
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I would still go. Like they are saying river is flowing.

Lea1017
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I would go. I know oceans are huge but there are dead bodies in them (boating accidents and the like) and people are in the oceans swimming around. I wouldnt let it get to me.
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:31 PM

No.It would creep me out

silvercrow
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:13 PM

every river, every lake, every stream has has a dead body or animal in it at some point either deal or avoid the water. It doesnt bother me i would do it

GertieK
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:12 PM

EVERY river has had a dead body in it.  Animals die in it every day. The river flows, the ick factor moves on.   Good grief.  Go tubing and have a ball.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN