Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler found on street as mom partied, cops say

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:12 AM
  • 8 Replies

3-year-old found wandering in street as mom partied at bar, police say

Published June 20, 2012 

FoxNews.com

An Orlando-area mom was arrested after her three-year-old son was found wandering the streets after she allegedly left him home alone to go party.

WFTV reports 24-year-old Nicole Finnell's son Daniel was found by a passer-by barefoot and running around in the street on Saturday night.

Caleb Rosario says he could barely believe it when he and his sister spotted the child.

"I'm surprised the baby wasn't dead already," Rosario told WFTV.

Police say Finnell left her sleeping son in her home alone with the door unlocked and went to a bar and a house party.

"Apparently she waited until he went to sleep and then left him here and locked the door, and he can unlock the door," her father Scott Finnell told WFTV.

Scott Finnell says his daughter told him she had left her son with a babysitter, but he believes she is lying. He believes his grandson was feet from death when he was found.

"If he'd have got on Hoffner I'd have been getting a call I had a dead grandson," Scott Finnell told WFTV.

Police re-traced the baby's steps and found Nicole Finnell's house with the door unlocked. While they were investigating, they say Nicole Finnell showed up with a car full of friends, but told them to keep driving.

She is facing child neglect charges and is in jail on a $1,000 bond. Her father, who was awarded temporary custody of Daniel, says he has no plans to bail her out.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/20/3-year-old-found-wandering-in-street-as-mom-partied-at-bar-police-say/?test=latestnews#ixzz1yKpGZ1wz

The PhOtObOoTh!  A FuN group full of
contests, challenges, showdowns etc........
If you Love Photography you will Love this!

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Tea4Tas
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I love her Father!

randomosityblog
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:14 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm glad her father isn't bailing her out!! What a poor excuse for a mother.

MommynMonster
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Good for the father! let her neglectful ass sit in jail

Nikkijr
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Praise Yahweh the little boy is safe and well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunnyJoJo
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad her dad is standing up for his grandson, an innocent child, instead of making excuses for his neglectful, shitty mom of a daughter. So sad.
The fact that she told her friend to keep driving when they finally showed up... disgusting

LadySaphira
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Quoting Tea4Tas:

I love her Father!

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

BannerElkHogans
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:57 PM

That's messed up........see stories like this an that physco Casey Anthony ......are prime examples of why younger people should have to go to mandatory parenting classes.......geesh

hockeymomws
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Sad story but very glad the lil boy is safe and im really glad the dad is keeping his daughter in jail!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)