Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

for those that are TTC daughter

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:36 AM
  • 4 Replies

Scientists: Hard Cheese, Beans If You Want Baby Girl

Posted: Apr 02, 2012 12:13 PM EDT

Cutting out salt and going on a diet of beans and hard cheese gives mothers a better chance of giving birth to a girl say scientists, the (London) Mail on Sunday reported.

The right combination of food and the timing of sex are the key factors in determining whether it's a boy or a girl. Mothers should cut out foods containing sodium and potassium-rich food such as olives, bacon, salami, smoked salmon, potatoes, blue cheese, meats, bread and pastries.

The best foods are those rich in calcium and magnesium. Calcium-rich foods include yogurt, hard cheese, rhubarb, spinach, tofu, almonds, oatmeal, broccoli and oranges. Brazil and cashew nuts, whole wheat cereals, figs and beans are packed with magnesium.

The scientists, from Maastricht University in Holland, also say the chances of having a daughter are boosted if couples have regular sex but not on days immediately before or after ovulation.

The findings come after a five-year study involving 172 Western European women aged from 23 to 42 who had all previously given birth to boys but wanted girls.

When they were trying for a child again they were told to cut out salt and eat at least a pound of dairy products a day.

Almost 80 per cent of the women who stuck to the diet ended up giving birth to girls. A spokesman for the scientists said: "The results show that both diet and timing methods increase the probability of a girl -- the impact of the diet being the most pronounced. It shows a substantial success rate when both methods are applied correctly.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/17786417/scientists-hard-cheese-beans-if-you-want-baby-girl#ixzz1yKuqSkEU

The month of May is the Nerofibromatosis awarness month. 

One of the major signs are cafe au lait spots (flat brown spots on the skin).

Please research this disorder! 

I have this disorder myself.

CLICK PHOTO FOR MORE INFO!

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MIA0223
by Michelle on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Hmmm.... may be why I have a girl then, lol!

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:24 AM

LOL, I had 2 girls without trying anything.  I think if I had another it would have been a girl too.  That is why I didn't have a 3rd, lol.  3 girls, NOOOOOOO. 

SunnyJoJo
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I love all the different things to try to have one gender or another. Thanks for sharing! I am most definitely NOT trying to conceive, but it's still interesting. 

Genuinesweetie
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Choosing the sex of your baby has nothing to do with what you eat. It has to do with when you ovulate.  Read this book if you want to concieve a specific gender.  It worked for me! I wanted a baby girl and I got one. You have to be patient though and read the whole book.  "How  to Choose the Sex of Your Baby" by Dr. Shettles. Good Luck!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN