Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me and dh solve a very important updated debate

Posted by   + Show Post
So dh and I have a 6 yr old son and an almost 2 yr old daughter the other night I asked him to put them in the bath while I cleaned up after dinner so he puts them in and walks back out. He aparently thinks its safe to leave our 23 month old daughter in the tub with out supervision because he thinks our 6 yr old can watch her while she's in there. Also he apparently thinks sitting in sudsy water is enough he doesn't need to wash her with a rag. Ok I l flipped out and raced to the bathroom in no way shape or form is it on to leave a kid alone in the tub with a 6 year old! Right!?!? I mean do u ladies think its a good idea? I'm pretty sure I'm right but I need to show dh he's wrong at dangerous
update- we did it ladies he admired he was wrong and apologized said he will never leave the bathroom again! Thanks for your responses
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

You are correct, but I wouldn't have freaked out. I would have just tended to them and talked to him about it later when I cooled off a bit.

barefootmommi
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Idk but I do know we were jut kids when we ha my sin m weren't even together n I know tht when Quinn was little like like 2 his an it was his days with the baby he played cuddled n napped with him but when it came to baths feedings and the like his mom did that stuff so maybe that's why ? We got married when my son was almost 4
Quoting danie24:

He's wrong, you're right.

How has he been a father for 6 years and never learned that you never leave a baby alone in a tub? Or that small children should never be responsible for a baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootmommi
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:30 AM
I know I shouldn't have freaked but he was telling me I was crazy and over protective ... He was in a bad mood. Usually it takes a lot to ruffle my feathers so I guess it caught him off guard that I was that upset

Quoting EireLass:

You are correct, but I wouldn't have freaked out. I would have just tended to them and talked to him about it later when I cooled off a bit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:31 AM
HE IS WRONG, SO VERY VERY WRONG. You NEVER leave a baby alone in the tub, AND, NEVER NEVER NEVER should a 6 yr old be responsible for keeping a baby safe!
Why are men so frigin dumb?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootmommi
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Thanks ladies I read him your replies i think he gets it!! Mission accomplished
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jalestra
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I don't leave my four year old in the tub alone with my 6 year old, let alone a younger child!

My husband did that once (when they were younger) and I threw such a fit that he decided to "humor" me. Call it what you want, just stay there! Maybe daddy should clean up after dinner....

marmie41
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I agree with you.  Husband, hasn't a clue.

erikadi
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Yeah you should not leave the two of them alone. Even if he is watching his sister, he may not be able to help her if something happens. Also yes you need to actually clean them until they can clean themselves.

shortiesmom24
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:49 PM

No i don't think it is safe at all! My five year old neice still is watched while taking a bath you never know when a child can slip or fall and knock their selves out then what a six year old is in no way able to get the child out... And another point is  putting a child in suds does not get them clean they have to be washed lol......

CafeMom Tickers
zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:21 AM

no. You do NOT leave children in a tub alone. My son had openheart surgery when he was 13 months old and one of the babies on the floor - who was 11 months old - was bathing with his father next to the tub, slipped out of his handsand went under in 8 inches of water. The baby DIED 8 days later. It was horrible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)