Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Research before you Donate

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:39 PM
  • 37 Replies

This pisses me off.. I will no longer support them like I have in the past and i hope like Hell This shit hurts them more then their stupidity already has.

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gsprofval
by Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I would research this first. That appears to be from someone who is just ticked off.

Did you do any research on this about the Salvation Army? Yes, they ARE really a church.

silvercrow
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Yes it is a real church, yes I researched it and Yes they are being dicks and threatening to close their soup kitchens and YES they use a lot of their Funding that should be used help those soup kitchens to stop Gays and Lesbians from having equal rights and They don't want to have to keep paying for their the people who who for them who are gay and lesbian like they do for their straight employees

Quoting gsprofval:

I would research this first. That appears to be from someone who is just ticked off.

Did you do any research on this about the Salvation Army? Yes, they ARE really a church.

gsprofval
by Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Their belief is based on The Holy Bible which says it's wrong and they have a right not to allow it.

Not everyone agrees with it, but they do have that right.

The other thing is that the Bible says we are to love everyone, so that's another topic.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I didn't know that. Sadly a lot of groups use donations for religious purposes. I will not donate to them ever again. I like knowing when I donate the money is actually going to help those who need it, not push someone's agenda.

silvercrow
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM

They do not have the right to discriminate outside of their church. what they choose to preach in their church is their business but when it comes to their soup kitchens, and other PUBLIC Domain charities they no longer have the right to discriminate against those who use their services ( the soup kitchens not every homeless person is a christian) or who they employee (there are employment laws that prevent the kind of discrimination they are trying to get away with)

The Holy Bible was written by MAN and Man is subject to prejudice, bias and misunderstanding. Also if you do your homework and actually Educated yourself you would know that The bible contains Six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals (look it up it's 110% true).

Now saying that it doesnt love Heterosexuals. It's just they seem to need more supervision then and now it seems.

Also The bible has been Rewritten (added on to and chapters taken out) again by Man Mistranslated again by Man and Misused, Misunderstood and Misinterpreted again by Man.

Also the bible teaches LOVE, Understanding and Respect. All of which is Lacking From Many So called Christians. This kind of behavior would be Frowned upon by Jesus yet is encouraged by his followers. How Christ like some PRETEND to be.

Quoting gsprofval:

Their belief is based on The Holy Bible which says it's wrong and they have a right not to allow it.

Not everyone agrees with it, but they do have that right.

The other thing is that the Bible says we are to love everyone, so that's another topic.

gsprofval
by Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I do get your point.

IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:37 PM
bump

grannie_kel
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I have not donated to Salvation Army for over 25 years, stopped after my sister's family lost everything they owned in a house fire and they went to Salvation Army for help to get clothes for their children and were turned away. 

I get so many calls from organizations asking for donations.  The one I get the most is asking for donations to help veterans.  When I ask what percentage of my donation actually goes to the vets, the answer is always 11%, the other 89% goes to the organization to pay people working for them which I find totally disgusting.  Most of my donations do go to veterans but only when 100% of my money actually reaches them. 

Sweet_Faith
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:26 AM

The Salvation Army may not agree with the homosexual lifestyle being a Chrisitan organization and that's their right to do so. However, they don't discriminate when it comes to housing anyone, homosexuals or not. So they really do love the sinner and not the sin just like God does and tells us as Christians to do the same thing.Why would they or anyone support something they don't agree with, I don't think anyone does that no matter what the issue is.

LyTe684
by Tasha on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)