Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

900 bucks for 3 weeks?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 6:22 PM
  • 10 Replies
That how much I've had to spend on my 3 week visit with my family. Do you think that's a good amount? Now first let me say I'm SO OVERLY HAPPY TO HAVE THAT MUCH. I worked really hard at saving for this trip. I havent seen my family for a LONG time! I'm just wondering if anyone thinks its excessive.
Also that money has gone towards groceries because we weren't going to eat out every meal, gas money to help out because my sister and mom drive everywhere, going out a few times with just the grown ups, buying paper towels/toilet paper to help out while we are here, and trips to museums and play places with the kids( we have 5 between us ). I still have about 150 left and we are going home in 2 days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nodramamama311
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Also helping out with gas and household items while being here is why I saved so much. My sister and her husband have 3 kids and I didn't want to be a huge burden while being here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2metalbabies
by Jene on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Well, when we go on vacation for a week we spend more that twice that, I would say that's amazing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd say that's amazing! Good job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JATomlinson
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Our trips to visit family are always under $200 including gas money to drive 300 miles one way.  We don't eat out or go out or anything though because we just can't afford to.

JamesMom714
by Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:20 PM
That's awesome! To fly to Chicago from Idaho for a 5 day trip to visit family cost me:
361 each for plane ticket (x2 = 722)
4 nights at hotel at $80 (4x80 = 320)
=$1042 for that alone.

My mom drove us around and we mostly ate with family, so maybe spent about $150-200 of random stuff.

(we could stay with my mom as she has a loft that scares the crap out of me since my toddler is too quick an good at climbing...I was afraid he'd be up and over in a heartbeat.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nodramamama311
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Airfare was seperate. I saved our spending money for a long time.

Quoting JamesMom714:

That's awesome! To fly to Chicago from Idaho for a 5 day trip to visit family cost me:

361 each for plane ticket (x2 = 722)

4 nights at hotel at $80 (4x80 = 320)

=$1042 for that alone.

My mom drove us around and we mostly ate with family, so maybe spent about $150-200 of random stuff.

(we could stay with my mom as she has a loft that scares the crap out of me since my toddler is too quick an good at climbing...I was afraid he'd be up and over in a heartbeat.)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jerzeetomato
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I think 300 a week is fabulous!  I just spent 600 for three days at the beach - just on hotel.  Plus extra on food and gas to get there.  You did phenominal!

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I've spent close to $5,000 for a week at Disney World, LOL. So yeah, you did great.

bhow
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:51 AM

sounds pretty good to me, we would spend way way more!  hope it's been fun.

preplovesyou
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:52 AM

For a 3 week vacation, not bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN