Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Sorry, Ladies, Chris Pine Won't be Playing Christian Grey (VIDEO) Do you think he'd fit the part?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:23 PM
  • 3 Replies

Sorry, Ladies, Chris Pine Won't be Playing Christian Grey (VIDEO)

Posted by Kiri Blakeley on June 25, 2012 

Well, ladies, you can scratch Chris Pine off your fantasy list of who will play Christian Grey in the inevitable movie version of Fifty Shades of Grey. Rumors were flying faster than a master flogging a virgin that Pine had been "tied" (get it?) to the role. This is because at a red carpet event, Chris was asked about the movie, and said he'd be interested in it. The press took this as confirmation that Chris wanted the role, or may even already be signed to it. Signed like a sex contract signed! Alas, Chris confirmed to Jay Leno that this is completely untrue. "I'm not doing it," he told Leno. He said it so firmly, that it sounds like not only is he not doing the role, he never wants to do the role. Suddenly, I'm a fan of Chris Pine.

Jay Leno pressed him, asking, "Would you ever do a nude scene in a movie?" Chris didn't sound too enthused about that prospect, mumbling, "I don't have a Michael Fassbender deep desire to let it all ... " and then he gesticulated toward his groin region.

I think Chris, like most actors, would consider any role that was intriguing and well-written, but if you're going to commit to a role like Christian Grey, you've at least got to be deeply interested in the character, who is a BDSM aficionado. And since I doubt this will be a PG rated film, whoever plays the role will have to be okay with sex scenes, and maybe even some full frontal action.

Doesn't sound like this is up Chris Pine's alley. I say good for him. For every movie featuring kinky sex that turns out halfway decent, like 9 1/2 Weeks or Fatal Attraction, there's more, such as Body of Evidence and Eyes Wide Shut, that are laughably bad. It can take an actor's career years to recover from a failed sex film -- or it may never recover. And you really don't want to be the guy who messes up Christian Grey.

Here's Chris Pine talking about Fifty Shades of Grey.

Do you think he'd make a good Christian Grey?

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jillbailey26
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I haven't read the books, but I'm glad he won't be playing the part.  Then I won't be forced to watch it either, lol.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I haven't even read the books. Shoot. The stuff is Twilight Fanfic refried crap.

now if Karl Urban was playing the lead role???? Oh I'd be on the front row!!! LOL!

QuirkOut
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Ok, OK, I read the books, password protected on my Kindle, and Chris Pine, he is just way too wholesome to play the part of Christian Grey.............

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN