Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I don't feel like I fit in

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:50 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
I don't feel like I am a sahm because I work 8 hrs a week (more if I chose) but I don't feel like I'm a working mom either because I work so little (more for a hobby then anything and to retains CNA)

What would u classify me as?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:51 AM
You are a working sahm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2rhylee
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:55 AM
Lol. I just feel like I'm in a limbo. Teetering on the edge and can't decide. I'm mostly a sahm because that's where my time is devoted. But feel like I'm lying if i tell someone I am a sahm

Quoting Fields456:

You are a working sahm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:14 AM
I wouldnt worry to much about it I am a sahm that works from home. And that's what I tell ppl. They always give me hell and say I don't do anything bla bla bla. But that's ok with me lol

Quoting momma2rhylee:

Lol. I just feel like I'm in a limbo. Teetering on the edge and can't decide. I'm mostly a sahm because that's where my time is devoted. But feel like I'm lying if i tell someone I am a sahm

Quoting Fields456:

You are a working sahm.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Tasha on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:20 AM
2 moms liked this
PT working mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomTiara19
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:28 AM

I would consider you more of a part time working mom because you work out of the home.If you worked from home I would see you as more of a sahm.

I am a CNA too....I lost mine....couldnt keep up hours and home life.Now im to old for all that lifting..lol..

~Tia

Punkie74
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:56 AM
I work 10 hours a month... Same kind of deal... I'm an RDH and don't want to go back to work some day not having worked in 7 years!! I call myself a "mostly SAHM" LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fern624
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Just don't worry about it your wonderful, you are great at what you do, and if anyone gets to pushing you about it  tell them your a playboy bunny...You work part time in the work force and the rest of the time you work harder at home...So as my son would say...

and lock your troubles away...fern

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:56 PM
I say a sahm. I volunteer for 2 non profits and I say I am a sahm. 2 months a year it is like a full time job. Other than that its not much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2rhylee
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:17 PM
That's usually way I say too. Iostly stay home bit chose to have a weekly guaranteed time away from the kids. Lol. I could quit all together and we would be fine financially but I enjoy the time away and get adult interaction. (don't really have irl friends)

Quoting Punkie74:

I work 10 hours a month... Same kind of deal... I'm an RDH and don't want to go back to work some day not having worked in 7 years!! I call myself a "mostly SAHM" LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I'd probably say I have a part time job.

To be honest, I'm not huge on those labels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)