Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe
I am in northern Va. We had a bad storm last night. We lost power about 11:15 pm. It is still out.
How is your weather?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Replies (21-24):
anon1986East
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Only in low 80's right now but the humidity is ridiculous. We had a quick but strong storm yesterday, luckily we didn't lose power but for a second I was sure we did because as I was sitting on the floor trying to calm my 2 year old dog (he hates thunder, fireworks, and lawn mowers) there was a loud crashing sound of lightning hitting something, my dad was here and had gone downstairs to unplug the washer/dryer since I always seem to lose one of those damn machines every time we have a storm and he said as he was walking out the side door which leads to the yard when he saw a bright white light and his ears were ringing.

We didn't lose power or any electronics but my neighbor told me this morning ever since the storm his water has been full of mud, he said it's coming out all the faucets and filled his washing machine when he was doing a load of wash.

heathermn
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Quoting nova.mommy:

My dd isn't old enough for school quite yet, so I'm not sure about schools around here, there are several cooling places around he area, places with power and AC and stuff that people can go to cool off in case they can't go to a Friends or a neighbors...lots of power has already been restored though around here, which is good
kikitice
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Sunny but I have family in N.Va. so I hope you all are o.k. I was praying last night.

nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Yeah!  After a 12 day heat wave of 90-100 degree days, it has cooled.  Today's high is only supposed to reach 83.  At 8:30 am it was only 73 degrees.

OK, it is really strange saying 83 is cold.  OK, it is not cold, LOL.  But is now 20 degrees cooler than the same time yesterday.

WTOP(one of our local news radio stations) was asking now that it has turned cooler, what are you going to do that you couldn't during the heat wave?  For me, clean the living room and going out the front door and be able to breath.

I was talking to DH the other day,  I have a new found appretiation for the people working to restore power.  Having to work in the heat and direct sun and most likely heavy, thick protective gear.  In shorts and tees I could not last more then about 15 minutes in the direct sun during the heat wave.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN