Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

If this is is true

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:19 PM
  • 13 Replies

Or even happens Romney Can Kiss any hope he might have of beating Obama goodbye.

Bachmann does not deny she is being vetted

Michele Bachmann screenshot

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) on Monday refused to say whether or not she was being considered as a running mate for Mitt Romney.

“One thing I know about Mitt Romney, he’s made excellent decisions in the past when it comes to running organizations and I have no doubt, whoever it is, that he chooses, to bring in as his V.P., it will be a highly competent person who could step in at a moments notice and assume the responsibilities of the White House,” she told CNN’s Piers Morgan.

“Are you being vetted at the moment?” Morgan asked.

“Well, that’s something for the campaign to answer on,” she responded. “That’s not for me to make that decision, and that announcement.”

“That is not, as we say, in the journalistic trade, a denial,” Morgan noted.

Bachmann’s former campaign manager, Ed Rollins, has said the Minnesota congresswoman avoided attacking Romney during the primaries to safeguard her chances of being his vice presidential pick.

“There was some talk early on between her and her husband that she could end up as the vice presidential nominee,” Rollins told Politico.

Watch video, courtesy of CNN, below:

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kitty8199
by Nicole on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Bachman will be to Romney what Palin was to McCain.
Insuring Obama a place in the White House for 4 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Exactly what I was thinking.

Quoting kitty8199:

Bachman will be to Romney what Palin was to McCain.

Insuring Obama a place in the White House for 4 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silvercrow
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Ditto to you both... I still think despite all the whining the Republicans want 4 more years of Obama.. I mean everything they have been doing is only going to insure it.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 3, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Oh hell no. He has to pick someone awesome to win.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Ugh. She's bat shit crazy.

silvercrow
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I realize she is batshit crazy.. who in the hell else could he pick?? Honestly most of them are batshit crazy unless he crosses party lines and Picks a Dem but honestly many of them are batshit crazy too

Barabell
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Quoting silvercrow:

I realize she is batshit crazy.. who in the hell else could he pick?? Honestly most of them are batshit crazy unless he crosses party lines and Picks a Dem but honestly many of them are batshit crazy too

Her district boards the congressional district I live in, and so I guess her craziness just hits a little closer to home for me. I do know that a lot of her campaigning is visiting churches in her district, and I've heard for years that she's claimed that her work in Washington is ordained by God or something like that.

I really don't know who he would pick. To be honest, I haven't been following politics lately---especially the Republican party. I think if he's smart, he'll pick a Republican from Florida to give the appearance of being more in touch with the working class and possibly pick up the Latino votes from Florida too.

gsprofval
by Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Several people are being vetted, so don't get too worked up. Another person being vetted is Chris Christy and there are a couple others, but don't remember who.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 3, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Whomever he chooses, will be interesting.  I just hope he chooses a different candidate.  I'm all for having a woman, but she's just not the woman.

Punkie74
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Yup....though honestly I'd still take a chimp over Obama!!

Quoting atlmom2:

Oh hell no. He has to pick someone awesome to win.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)