Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

should hotels have bibles in their rooms?

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM
  • 64 Replies

Poll

Question: should hotels have bibles in their rooms?

Options:

yes

no

only if they provide books of other religions as well

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 80

View Results

The month of May is the Nerofibromatosis awarness month. 

One of the major signs are cafe au lait spots (flat brown spots on the skin).

Please research this disorder! 

I have this disorder myself.

CLICK PHOTO FOR MORE INFO!

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matildalee
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:59 PM
4 moms liked this
I think it ahould be up to the motel to decide. I dont think it should be required or banned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:34 PM
6 moms liked this
They can do whatever they want. Any private company can. Freedom of religion. Not freedom from religion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunnyJoJo
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's kind of fun to have the "bible search" whenever we check into a hotel. It's never in the same place and it brings me 20 seconds of joy. lol! 
I don't think it's a big deal, the hotels should be able to decided if they want them or not. 

nodramamama311
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM
2 moms liked this
I couldn't care less either way. I don't believe in god but I don't care if it's there because I don't have to read it if I don't want to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkie74
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:17 AM
HAHAHAHAHA I thought I was the only one who did that!!!

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

I think it's kind of fun to have the "bible search" whenever we check into a hotel. It's never in the same place and it brings me 20 seconds of joy. lol! 
I don't think it's a big deal, the hotels should be able to decided if they want them or not. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunnyJoJo
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:35 AM

When I went to a training course in Louisiana I spent 10 minutes searching for that darn bible. Someone has hidden it inside the "things to do" booklet.
I felt compelled to hide it in a different spot when I checked out. Best bible search ever! lol!

Quoting Punkie74:

HAHAHAHAHA I thought I was the only one who did that!!!

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

Clairwil
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:36 AM
4 moms liked this
Quoting gypsy_rose:

should hotels have bibles in their rooms?

No, they should have copies of The Lord of the Rings (a single volume book that has sold more copies than the Bible), Harry Potter (a series of books that has sold more copies than the Bible) or the Guiness Book of World Records (a regularly updated book that has sold more copies than the Bible).

Upmarket hotels should be allowed to substitute A Tale of Two Cities, by Dickens, the Thomas The Tank Engine Railway Series, and 수학의_정석 (a book on mathematics); all of which have also outsold the Bible.

CareerMom30
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:23 AM
2 moms liked this

I dont see a problem with it at all. never know who might pick it up and recieve a  word of truth from it....though i do find it quit interteresting that some people on here like to find/hide the bible in a hotel room...now im gonna make sure i find it next time I stay at a hotel!..lol!

Fields456
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:36 AM

i dont think they should have too but they are their own buisness and should beable to have it if they choose too.  just like a restaursnt can say no shirt no shoes no service.  

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:39 AM
1 mom liked this

The bibles don't cost the hotel anything to provide because they are usually provided to hotels by the Gideon's society. If the hotel agrees to put them in their hotel it is completely up to them. Although I do have to say I almost expected to find a Book of Mormon with the bible when I stayed at the Marriot(Mormon owned).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)