Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Hello ladies! I'm a single mom after 15 years of marriage trying to raise 2 girls.

Posted by   + Show Post

Nice to be here. I'm Wendy, 34 year old mother of 2 wonderful girls ages 15 and 10. I was married for 15 years. On Valentine's Day 2011, my ex (still so hard o say that) told me he wanted a divorce. He didn't love me anymore. Two days after our divorce was final, he remarried. I'm still in denial sometimes, but getting better. Trying to find a man who can love me and my girls, but am just scared that I can never really love again like I did. Any advice? It just makes me feel better to talk, so thanks for listening.

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM
Replies (11-15):
scm1983
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Sorry about all this. I was always told by my mom growing up that u nvr need a man to complete anything in life. I think all that u need especially for right now r ur daughters. I know it hurts but in time u will heal and reflect on this incident as one of life's learning lesson. In every bad comes a bit of good. Aint good that u got hurt but maybe the good side is that u can make it w/o him and that it's not the end of anything for u but instead the beginning of perhaps better things :) good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dontchawishuknu
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Hi, Wendy!  I was also a mom, married 15 years - together 17 -  when my ex decided to leave. I was 34, he was 36.  I had three girls (they are now 20, 19 and 13).....Nice to meet you!

steveiguana
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:51 PM

hugs and welcome

smallfry3280
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:08 PM

there is a light at the end of the tunnel :)

Quoting Courtney610:

Welcome to the group. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. Stay strong!

busy mom

opal10161973
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I'm sorry he left like that.  My Mom was married for 23 years when my step father told her he was leaving.  She knew they had been drifting apart and wanted to go to counseling, but he refused.  Then, one day, he just left.  She really didn't think he would do that after so long.  It was no surprise to find out that he had another woman in mind for months.  Apparently, he didn't consider it an affair, but we all know that it's an emotional affair.  Worse part?  He took part of retirement after he said he wouldn't touch it, made her responsible for everything from filing to selling off things they acquired during the marriage.  Yeah, he is a douche.

So, here we are two years later and she is dating again, lost weight, looks great and the hardest time she has is trying to find a man her age (60's) that can keep up with her.  She just started dating again.  It took her awhile to get back on her feet.  Expect the same. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN