Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I may sound like an A*hole here but...

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not giving up my damn bed. My brother and his sil are coming down for my dd's 5th birthday party. They were going to bring my parents. (Who are completely flat broke and not working or doing anything to better themselves.) My parents were going to stay with us, which I'm fine with. However, they have an air mattress at home and they refuse to bring it. They don't want to deflat it and reflate it. (lazy). My mom asked if they could sleep in our bed. Excuse me...what?? And where the hell would we sleep? Plus my dad is a smoker and I'll be damned if he stinks up my room and my bed where I sleep every night. I know for a fact if we asked to sleep in their bed if we went to visit them she'd tell us hell no. I can't stand having to cater to them. I'm just ranting so please leave your hatefulness out of the post. So if they want to miss out on seeing us this year...oh flipping well. They need to stop being so damn lazy. Gah! 

in love       girl on a swing            toddler girl

Wife to Josh  Mother to Saria        Mother to Kairi

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Replies (171-178):
kristina0121
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM
I would just buy an air mattress for them and keep it for when they visit. Or keep it oh hand in case you ever need it. You can find a twin for $10 or queen for $30. I have both and I use them once a year. Worth the investment for me.

But since you express it is not what you want to do, you should just talk to her. Tell her you have a couch for her to sleep on but if she would rather bring her air mattress, she is welcome to bring it. When my sister comes with her children, I let her know what arraingements I am able to make for them to sleep. Don't make your bed an option.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lazyd
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you there!  Maybe im an A*hole too, but I dont care how old you are, I will never give up my bed, yea, where m i suppose to sleep??  On the couch?  Than i think you can sleep there too.  Get a hotel room, i dont care if you dont have money.  Where r ur brother and sil staying?  R they gunna sleep on the floor?  I guess im a bad person too.

Mommy2_two
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:30 PM
2 moms liked this

A steam cleaner can NOT clean the walls or the mattress. Smoke stains your house and it is a pain in the rear to get rid of the smell. It is not as easy as getting a steam cleaner. I grew up with a smoker and my clothes, hair, and skin reeked of smoke ALL THE time, even after a shower. It was disgusting!

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

Mine would argue with me too but I would insist are steamcleaners really that expensive

Quoting Punkie74:

So she should have to go out and buy a steam cleaner that may not be in her budget so her parents can sleep in a bed when they visit even though they dont sleep in a bed on a regular basis and are unwilling to be inconvienainced themself? Oh and my parents wouldnt have to ask either... They also wouldn't accept if I offered because they have more respect for me and my home than to be that rude!!

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

My parents wouldn't have to ask. There is a steam cleaner. And I have front loaders for sheets and mattress pads.

Quoting Punkie74:

Yes it's so respectful to demand your grown children to give up their bed for you even though you! By the way... How do you fit a mattress in a washing machine?? I mean that crap will go right through the sheets.... NASTY!!!

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

I never had my parents visit my mom and daddy live 10 mins from me. But if they did they would go in our room smokes who cares tats what a washer is for. No way on goddesses green earth would I disrespect my parents and tell them sleep in the floor or bring an air mattress my husband and I would sleep on the couches or I would sleep in my sister's room and hubby in the couch Orr I would pay for a hotel room for my parents . I take care of them and my grams cause they took care of me and I love and honor them some of these comments make me sick!

I_told_you_so
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Honestly, if you can afford it, put them in a hotel for the time they are there... in a smoking room.  They will be happy, and impressed that you would do it (be prepared for them asking you to give them money), and it will give them a way to have their own time together.

Adamswifeypoo08
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Thats so disrespectful that you would rather have older people sleep on the floor than on a bed.

GagaNTattooS
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:59 AM
OKay if you say so llove .

Quoting Mommy2_two:

A steam cleaner can NOT clean the walls or the mattress. Smoke stains your house and it is a pain in the rear to get rid of the smell. It is not as easy as getting a steam cleaner. I grew up with a smoker and my clothes, hair, and skin reeked of smoke ALL THE time, even after a shower. It was disgusting!

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

Mine would argue with me too but I would insist are steamcleaners really that expensive

Quoting Punkie74:

So she should have to go out and buy a steam cleaner that may not be in her budget so her parents can sleep in a bed when they visit even though they dont sleep in a bed on a regular basis and are unwilling to be inconvienainced themself? Oh and my parents wouldnt have to ask either... They also wouldn't accept if I offered because they have more respect for me and my home than to be that rude!!

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

My parents wouldn't have to ask. There is a steam cleaner. And I have front loaders for sheets and mattress pads.

Quoting Punkie74:

Yes it's so respectful to demand your grown children to give up their bed for you even though you! By the way... How do you fit a mattress in a washing machine?? I mean that crap will go right through the sheets.... NASTY!!!

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

I never had my parents visit my mom and daddy live 10 mins from me. But if they did they would go in our room smokes who cares tats what a washer is for. No way on goddesses green earth would I disrespect my parents and tell them sleep in the floor or bring an air mattress my husband and I would sleep on the couches or I would sleep in my sister's room and hubby in the couch Orr I would pay for a hotel room for my parents . I take care of them and my grams cause they took care of me and I love and honor them some of these comments make me sick!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Ugh, NO, you don't sound like an asshole. I'm a smoker and I don't even smoke in my own house. It would be one thing if they had no other arrangments for sleeping and didn't smoke in your house, but quite another that they're too lazy to bring the air mattress they already have and stink up your room with smoke. Tell them not no, but FUUUUCK NO.

sweettigeress
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

It's disrespectful for them to invite themselves into my bed without asking. It goes both ways. You must earn respect before it is given. Not demand. Idc how old you are.

Quoting Adamswifeypoo08:

Thats so disrespectful that you would rather have older people sleep on the floor than on a bed.

in love       girl on a swing            toddler girl

Wife to Josh  Mother to Saria        Mother to Kairi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)