Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Justin Bieber sued

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:56 AM
  • 10 Replies
Justin Bieber sued for $9 million

http://todayentertainment.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/12/12709835-justin-bieber-sued-for-9-million?lite

Are Justin Bieber's masses of screaming tweener fans annoying to you? Count your blessings - it could be a lot worse.
"Boyfriend" singer Bieber has been slapped with a lawsuit by an Oregon woman who claims that she suffered extensive hearing damage brought on by shrieking Bieber fans at one of his concerts.
In the suit, filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Oregon, Stacey Wilson Betts claims that she attended a July 14, 2010, Bieber concert with her daughter at the Rose Quarter in Portland.
According to Betts, the injury occurred when the singer "climbed into a heart-shaped, aluminum/steel gondola and was pulled out over the crowd." The lawsuit says Bieber then "enticed the crowd into a frenzy of screams by continuously waving his arms in a quick and upward motion."
Unfortunately, according to Betts, "the gondola that Justin Bieber was suspended in acted as a sound conductor, creating a sound blast that permanently damaged both of my ears."
Betts claims that, because of the alleged incident, she now suffers "hearing loss, severe tinnitus and hyperacusis (an oversensitivity to certain frequency ranges of sound) in both ears."

The suit - which also names Bieber's record label Island Def Jam, concert promoter AEG Worldwide, and Vulcan Sports and Entertainment, which owns the Rose Quarter - is seeking $9,230,000 in damages, plus court costs, attorneys' fees and other expenses related to the suit.
A spokeswoman for Bieber has not yet responded to TheWrap's request for comment. 
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweettigeress
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I can't stand the guy...but wow. Of course he has screaming fans...doesn't every celebrity?

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Even if his concert is responsible, which IMO it's not, why over $9million?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:03 AM

i'm sorry but at a concert it's going to be loud, even at a orchestra concert there are times when the music gets loud.  if you're going to anything that is "plugged in" you should expect it to be loud & plan accordingly.  you never know what you may encounter at a concert.

i used to work at an amphitheater & worked security right in front of the stage for a tom petty show.  i was right by a wall of speakers, each bigger than me.  it was summer, hot & crowded.  toss in a good portion of the crowd smoking & i got very sick.  i ended up leaving early & throwing up before i made it to my car.  had a migraine the next day. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:08 AM
I hate stupid lawsuits
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazyDaisy123
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:13 AM

anyway to get rich, huh?  This is so stupid.  If she found it to be so loud, then why didn't she just leave.  To do extensive damage to your ears like she claims, she must have hung around, so who's at fault?  He's just doing his 'job' and what his fans want.  that lady should get a life.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:14 AM
When I saw this on GMA this morning, I almost spit out my tea! Just ridiculous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsN12
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:18 AM
And the women will probably win or get a settlement. That is ridiculous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:14 PM

How stupid.

KymberleeAnn
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Exactly, and  that's what makes the whole thing so nauseating.  

Quoting MrsN12:

And the women will probably win or get a settlement. That is ridiculous.

KymberleeAnn
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:23 PM

What did she expect at a mega pop star concert hello, a whisper!!!!!!! what an, IDIOT......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)