Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

When will he learn...

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:08 AM
  • 9 Replies
I don't care about cars! I love my husband but he loves working on cars. He loves adding things to his jeep. He also loves telling me about what he wants to do to his jeep, what he did to his old jeep, and every little detail about why he did what he did or why he didn't do what he didn't do. And I just don't care. And he doesn't understand that I just completely zone out when he starts talking about it. Is this just a man thing or is it just my obsessive husband? Do any of your husbands have things they like to talk about that you either can't stand or just don't care about?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:36 AM
I listen and talk some. I figure its all in you supporting them and him supporting me. My dad was a car freak. My mom joined in and they joined a car club and bought 2 collector cars. It was a family affair actually. Good memories for me. My dad rubbed off on dd in the genes. 21 yo dd LOVES cars.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsN12
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:02 AM
I listen and I talk. My dad loves cars too. But its the same thing over and over again. I don't know how many times I've heard him talk about Detroit lockers or lift kits or cold air intakes and what it does to horsepower and gas milage. I just don't like it. I wish I could get into it. I've tried. I'm just not interested.

Quoting atlmom2:

I listen and talk some. I figure its all in you supporting them and him supporting me. My dad was a car freak. My mom joined in and they joined a car club and bought 2 collector cars. It was a family affair actually. Good memories for me. My dad rubbed off on dd in the genes. 21 yo dd LOVES cars.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Hahaha!  It's totally a guy thing.  My ex was the same way and so are both of my boys.  They just tend to drone on and on and on.  An occasional "um hmm" by you is all they need to make them even happier than whatever it is they're going on about. ;)

steveiguana
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 6:01 PM

turn the tables and start talking about something you enjoy

jerzeetomato
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Definitely a guy thing.  I hear the same 5 things from DH over and over and over again.

Rach7224
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Omg truck. Truck truck. Truck..... Lol I told my husband the other day next time I hear truck I'm going to kill him. He thinks its funny. Nothing ever doesn't make him think of his freaking truck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rach7224
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Lol oh and I told my husband and he wants to know what kinda vehicle it is?! *smacks him across the forehead* lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 7:24 PM
I try really hard not to zone out. I know I don't like it when he zones out on me. But sometimes it's so hard!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsN12
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 8:20 PM
I know! I try really hard to be the good supportive wife and listen but it just doesn't work. I start thinking of ways to redecorate the house. My house looks awesome in my head now because of it too lol.

Quoting Cindy18:

I try really hard not to zone out. I know I don't like it when he zones out on me. But sometimes it's so hard!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)