Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Old Fashioned Values???

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 3:53 PM
  • 12 Replies

In this day and age with so many people having children out of wed-lock, children having sex, divorcing instead of fixing a marriage, lack of modesty and so forth... I'm wondering what "old fashioned" values do you still hold?

by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SterlingHeart
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 4:01 PM

i think of my values as high morally 

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 17, 2012 at 4:03 PM
I held my girls to a standard of no sex until out of hs. Proud of them to hold themselves to that standard. (I guess wearing bikinis didn't make them slutty, rofl). I would be disappointed if they had kids out of wedlock. I hope they do not divorce.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachy425
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Growing up I was raised a "good Christian." As a teen I fell away into ugliness, and carried none of the "old fashion values." Now, as a born again believer in Christ, wifey, and mama, I hold not only in my home, but in my heart these:

Once we are married-that's it. There is no 'way out", no pre-nups, and certianly no cheating-and that goes on both of our parts. When we said "I do" even when it's hard and we didn't want to be together anylonger, we had to do everything we could fix it. That was the bottom line-and ya know what? It was worth every tear, every pain, and every hard, honest, conversation between us!

I do absolutely and agree with standing up for ourselves, standing up for others, standing up for what we believe is right and good and true. I stand for our country, not messing with the constitution, and our Pledge of Allegiance...and the I live out the"golden rule." (it's odd to think that all these are now considered "old fashion")...how sad...   

ladybugHeart 2 Heart,

Rach

Elyssa414
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 5:30 PM
It was important to us to have a SAHM for our children, so important that we have chosen to live on a tight budget and not take nice vacations and stuff.

I believe marriage is for life. (but that's probably easy for me to say because I have a happy healthy marriage...)

My children are not allowed to use harsh or rude language, or have TVs or electronics in their rooms....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomTiara19
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Hi,

My dh and I strongly value our marriage and family life.I am a homemaker and take care of the domestic duties,my husband is the provider and heavy.

These old fashioned values work wonderfully for us.

~Tia

whatmynameagain
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Both my Dh and U value our marriage and value family highly as well. I believe in working in healthy marriages and raising children who are polite and respect other people say "please" "" thankyou" ect and not curse at other people.and what the parents say goes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I gave up values a long time ago. I just went to Walmart and bought the handbasket to hell. 

MIA0223
by Michelle on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM
I think I am about as "old fashioned" as they come.
Extremely modest, no sex outside of marriage, no kids out of marriage, I believe in fighting to make your marriage work even if that does mean separating for a time, and I hope to teach by example to the kids!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fraujones
by Mommytron on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I treat the elderly with respect. I follow " do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Marimaru
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Well my husband and I were together 5 years before we got married, and had kids after that.  We waited to get married because we wanted to be sure we'd be stickin' together.  We has sex before we got married, but no unplanned children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)