Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

iM A NEW MOM & iN NEEd Of AdViCE

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:03 AM
  • 11 Replies
My 2 month old daughter doesn't always wake up in feeding time what do I do.??
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kayelynnesmommy
by Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:11 AM
do you breast or bottle feed? i bottle feed but do not wake my baby to eat. they wake when they are hungry. i did this with my 5 year old as well. the only time i wake my almost 3 month old is if it has been around 6 hours or more. most of the time she wakes up within 6 hours with the exception of after shots it was closer to 7.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bREANNANElEYNAh
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:14 AM
So its ok if I let her sleep I bottle feed
kayelynnesmommy
by Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:20 AM
how long is she sleeping?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bREANNANElEYNAh
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:42 AM
She slept 6 hrs. But she woke up already
kayelynnesmommy
by Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:49 AM
thats normal my dd thats almost 3 months sleeps from 9 pm until 430 or 5 am. she will wake when she is hungry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:35 AM
During the day I would wake the baby after 3 hours. At night - sleep baby sleep!
annie2244
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:24 AM

When the baby is hungry, she'll wake up and start to fuss. Waking up and starting to fuss is their way of  telling you they either need a diaper change or food or amusement. You DON"T wake up someone, including a baby,  to insist they eat or to offer them food. There is NO danger that a baby isn't going to let you know they're hungry and keep seeking food till they are satisfied. If they're sleeping, their body wants sleep, not food. If they're fussing, offer them food if they've not eaten in a while and see if that's what they want. And if that's not what they want, then also make sure they have a clean diaper. And if they've eaten, have a clean diaper, and are still fussing, rock with them, pace with them, sing to them. That's really the big 3 of their day and night, over and over again.

This is pretty basic. You are earnestly trying to do the right thing for your baby, and it sounds like you need more info.  Google to find free new mom groups in your area, so that you can get together at least once a week with other moms, with their babies, and talk about how it's going. When you go, find one mom you like who also seems really competent and ask if you could call her if you ever have a question, and get her number. Cafemom isn't a venue sufficient for all the info you're gonna need.

LyTe684
by Tasha on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:37 AM
She'll wake up when she's hungry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Never wake a sleeping baby. My dd slept 6 hours a night first night home. 2 months old she was sleeping 8 hours straight. I loved it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemy5kiddos
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I would talk to her pediatrician.  Babies need their sleep but they also need their calories. Her pediatrician can tell you whats best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN