Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Panhandler arrested, claims to have made $60,000 last year

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:29 PM
  • 13 Replies

OKLAHOMA CITY - A man arrested on suspicion of panhandling in Oklahoma City told officers there was no point in getting a job, because he made "$60,000" last year.  More According to the police report, an officer spotted Shane Speegle, 45, panhandling near Interstate 40 and Macarthur Boulevard earlier this month. When the officer approached Speegle and told him it was illegal to panhandle without a permit, Speegle asked if he could get a permit that day and implied the $200 fee was not a bad price. According to the report, the officer asked Speegle why he didn't just get a job and Speegle replied, "I'm lazy, and I made $60,000 doing this last year. Why would I go get a job?" The officer told Speegle without a permit and an insurance policy he could not panhandle and gave him a warning to leave, but 20 minutes later the officer reported again seeing Speegle panhandle in the same spot. Speegle was arrested on a complaint of soliciting from the street and taken to the Oklahoma County jail.

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyssa414
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:31 PM
What a douche
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:42 PM
He is the reason people don't give to someone who may actually be down on their luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:13 PM
That's why we donate to charities/food banks/shelters and NEVER to people on the street. :/

Quoting kitty8199:

He is the reason people don't give to someone who may actually be down on their luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Same here!

Quoting Elyssa414:

That's why we donate to charities/food banks/shelters and NEVER to people on the street. :/

Quoting kitty8199:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Tasha on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Smh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:30 PM
There's one around my area who makes around 6 figures. The news even did a story about him, but it's not illegal so he's still on the same street every single day!
popomill
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:31 PM

So if they don't get him for illegal panhandling, are they going to get him for tax evasion and fraud (assuming that he didn't file taxes last year)

my1love
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:44 PM

i help the people who i know re homeless...... i pick  up this homeless guy last summer he had no shoes and was carrying a payless bag i figured it was ust holding his shit..... i took him to the park he was going to..... he told me its his and his wifes 5th anniversary  they lost their home last year when he lost his job she cant find work either, he saved all his money and bough her some tennies and showed them to me they were pretty cute.  i saw him give them to her she just started to cry..... i called him over gave him 20 and told him to take her somewhere nice :) i ill help those who look like they need it.... sometimes people need it and sometimes its just a ride...... when i was walking to and from work i always hoped someone would see i was 8 months pregnant and  in scrubs and give me a ride lol never happens so i give people a ride cuz i know its hard

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Loser
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Loser
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN