Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Who has had gallbladder issues?***EDIT***

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 4:25 AM
  • 97 Replies
I think that might be what's going on with me, but of course I'm not sure. What were some things going with you that made you think it was your gallbladder or made you see a doctor?
We do not have insurance so I cannot just pop into a doctors office. It sucks!

This post is almost a year old. I've had the surgery and never felt better but thanks for all the replies ladies! Y'all are really supportive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 4:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilpep100
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 4:33 AM
I thought I was going to die.
I didn't know until I had the attack. Trust me, if you have a gall bladder attack, you'll know. It's usually triggered with fatty foods.
Chinese food set mine off for the last time.
You will have something coming from everywhere. You won't even want to move when it hits hard. If you experience that, you needed a very prompt trip to the er.
I don't recall symptoms up to that point though.
If you're worried, stay clear of trigger foods. Try low fat, lower carb. Eat more veggies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Tasha on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Not me, but my sister. She just had it removed this week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilygracesmoma
by Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:06 AM
I had mine removed two months ago. The pain was horrible, nothing helped it. It hurt to move, hurt to be still. It made me sick, and at the end before my surgery my attacks were 6 hours or longer. I am sooo glad I had it removed. If you can't go to the doctor, stay away from fatty food. Fruit and veggies are the best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine felt like labor but far worse. Nothing I did helped with the pain. At least with labor I could reposition some.

I had no trigger foods or prior attacks. I went from incredible pain to surgery in a little over 14 hours. Turns out that it was incredibly infected. For the 10 or so hours in the ER/hospital room prior to surgery morphine was my best friend. And I could still feel some of the pain.
JLo1486
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Like someone set fire to your insides and then was attempting to stomp it out. My attacks were awful. I went a few years with it like that. When they took it out, the surgeon said it was one of the most diseased things he'd ever seen in his life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
buffalomom
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:17 AM

a gallbladder attack is pure PAIN!  intense long pain. I put up with it for years because doctors said "IT LOOKED NORMAL" . I endured a gazillion tests for everything else. When one doctor decided to accept my word and removed it.  The Hospital head of enterology  came in and asked if they could KEEP MINE and use it for teaching because "they had never seen one so malformed inside and scarred". So..insist with your doctor. It could look perfectly normal...is is inside? and like appendix....not necessary to live a full long life!!

elephantmamaof2
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:19 AM
It could also be your kidneys! They tend to cause pain in similar spots. Hope you feel better soon mama!
nodramamama311
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Wow ladies, thanks for all the info and I'm sorry for all the pain you all have been through.
I've had 2 "attacks", or at least I considered them to be. It felt like something was squeezing me inside right below my lungs. It was horrible pain, I could barely walk. Had to go to the ER both times.
Daily I have pretty regular heartburn and I'm extremely burp-y after I eat or drink anything. Lots of times I have pretty awful gas pains. I've tried to only eat healthy foods and it doesn't make a difference, in fact I love salads and veggies and those are the foods that give me the most trouble :(
I'm just so sick of feeling bloated and nauseous and heartburn-y all the time.
Also I do exercise regularly, I jog 3-4 times a week. Don't know if that's supposed to help anything but it can't hurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tmsmomma
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:00 AM
It happened to my mom a few years ago. It was the worst pain ever for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Venae
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, thought it was a heart attack.  Sister's a nurse, she thought it was gall bladder, but I couldn't get my breath, so we went to the ER.  I have gallstones.  Lost my insurance through divorce, was in the process of getting other insurance but had the attack the week before they came to take my blood for the insurance.  DENIED DUE TO PRE-EXISTING CONDITION.  Never been sick in my life, now I can't even get insurance.

Fatty foods trigger it - and just like lilpep100, Chinese food triggered mine (haven't eat Chinese in 6 months)!  Have been watching the fried food, they gave me pain meds in case it happens again, but they recommend surgery.  Still paying off the hospital bills, a little at a time.

My sister had hers out a few years ago but now has, how shall I say, bathroom issues.  Runs to the potty right after meals and says sometimes she will just expel what looks like bile.  Someone mentioned taking lots of calcium will bind up the bile and make things better.  She just started on that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)